Sims is gone.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I’m ready to move on. Anyone else?

Most of us ...

30 Rock Yes GIF by ADWEEK

Folks tryna hold onto some unprovable weirdness ...

Harry Potter No GIF

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Jacket137 compared him to Vad, which makes sense. Vad did very well at JMU after leaving and is still playing, it appears. I hope Jeff sees the same success.

Vad had higher highs while at GT —- remember UNC or that overtime loss to UGA where he was chucking it all over the field? —- but Jeff was the victim of poor coaching whilst here. Good luck, young man.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
But he didn't during the season when he claimed to be hurt when we all knew he was leaving, even had his parents here claiming injury instead of being honest.
Sims played hard for Key and even played hurt in the UVA game until the medical staff made him sit after he further injured himself in the game.

In the last part of the season he WAS injured and we were told that he needs surgery to fix his injury. So even if he was "medically cleared to play" it does not mean he was able to play. No one but Sims knows how much pain his injury was causing or how it would effect his ability to play. Just because he knew he wanted to leave doesn't mean he wasn't too hurt to play.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Don’t feel one way or the other about it. He was decent but struggled to stay healthy. And I don’t recall him ever winning us any games. Maybe UNC last year? Otherwise, pretty average career with no real improvements.

I hope pyron stays. I’d be more upset about that

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Do you really buy into the idea that Jimmy Carter is a Tech alum?

I'm a little more black and white, I guess. No diploma. No alum.
Only takes one quarter and Sims is likely to graduate. At least he is close enough. So Texira (sp?) wasn't an alum until last year? Bet Harvard considers Bill Gates an alum and he quit to create Microsoft. Did Calvin Johnson graduate?

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Only takes one quarter and Sims is likely to graduate. At least he is close enough. So Texira (sp?) wasn't an alum until last year? Bet Harvard considers Bill Gates an alum and he quit to create Microsoft. Did Calvin Johnson graduate?
Maybe I need to change MY terminology: graduates and alumni.

And yeah, all can be claimed to varying degrees by their respective alma maters.

But to be a true alumnus (IMO), you gotta have that diploma signed by Dr. Joseph M. Pettit.

Or whomever.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

And yeah, all can be claimed to varying degrees by their respective alma maters.

But to be a true alumnus (IMO), you gotta have that diploma signed by Dr. Joseph M. Pettit.

Or whomever.

For the record, the Oxford dictionary definition of alumnus is a graduate OR former student, especially a male one, of a particular school, college, or university.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

Or whomever.
Well it sure is easier to become an alum than a graduate.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
remember that overtime loss to UGA where he was chucking it all over the field? —- but Jeff was the victim of poor coaching whilst here. Good luck, young man.
Oh you mean the uga loss where he could have sealed the game for us in the 4th by fighting for a first down instead of running out of bounds To avoid a hit?

Good luck to Jeff Sims, i will honestly remember him much the same way as i do Vad- full of potential but ultimately disappointing. Good to beat UNC though, thanks for that to both of them.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
I haven’t given a penny to the school since after several years of being a student the administration had made it quite obvious they weren’t interested in leaving options open for a student who didn’t know what he wanted to do right out of HS, so I transferred, done great everywhere since, and have never looked back. They got my hundred grand in tuition, they’ll be fine without new donations from me.

The sports were one of the few things I enjoyed, so they get some of my money, but boy, some of y’all really seem to want to change that since I didn’t “pay my dues,” huh. But whatever, old news.

Best of luck to Sims and hopefully he doesn’t let the bitter folks live on in his head.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I wish the young man well. Our last few seasons have been difficult and Sims has been our QB representative for it, good and bad. I hope he finds a home that let's him play up to his best.