Sidewalk Fans

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
Lifelong sidewalk fan and 14-year season ticket holder for football. None of my family went to Tech but I grew up loving Tech because Tech was the home team. I remember our National Championship in 1990. I remember going to the Final Four.

When I went to Ireland I met Marvin Lewis in the airport - after I walked up and said hi he asked me “so when did you get out?” I proudly told him that I’m like a Sasquatch - a female Tech sidewalk fan, and proud to be one!

No, I didn’t go to Tech, but I grew up in Atlanta and Tech is Atlanta’s team. Any Tech fan (sidewalk or not) is welcome at our tailgate anytime!!

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
The only time I think it really matters is when the academic arguements come up. Sidewalk fans did not experience the rigors of tech so when one of them just says " academics shouldn't hold us back" it rubs those of us who did the wrong way. That's about the only time i will ask they attendance question.

Last edited:

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
The only time I think it really matters is when the academic arguements come up. Sidewalk fans did not experience the rigors of tech so when one of them just says " academics should hold us back" it rubs those of us who did the wrong way. That's about the only time i will ask they attendance question.
(I sat in on a few of my wife's GT classes and mine were harder. Granted my major was also a "harder" major but you know whatever)