Should the Fire Geoff Collins thread be locked?

Should the Fire Geoff Collins thread be locked?

• No - leave it as is

Votes: 91 48.9%
  • Yes - lock it temporarily

Votes: 33 17.7%
  • Yes - lock it permanently

Votes: 62 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Geoff Collins has done a horrible job, was not prepared for this job, has taken us to lows in the history of our program, somehow talked our AD into an unbelievable 7 year contract and May have set our program back a decade.

I assume we both want us to be successful. You are trying to do it in somewhat of a positive manner. I prefer calling a spade a spade when that spade has wrecked the football program I’ve followed for 45 years. Let’s hope we both get a team that looks well prepared next year and wins 7 or 8 games and we can put this talk to bed. Can we agree on that?

Leaving the UNC game this year was the first time I’ve enjoyed a Tech game since 2017 or 2018. That’s sad. And frustrating. Like I said, I think we both want us to win and put this talk to bed. I just absolutely hate what has happened to our program the last three years, poor coaching decisions, lack of clock management, poorly coached team, horrible attendance. Just sad to see. 😐

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Forensic, I shouldn’t have called you “Dad.” That’s rude. Just frustrated with the state of our program.

I apologize.
I didn’t take it personally. We all want us to be better. We all have different thresholds of tolerance. Everyone has the right to express themselves. My only thought is that just about every point about what hasn’t gone right and who’s fault it is has been hammered and at this point we see nothing until Spring and nothing real until Fall. All we’re doing is running over the same old ground.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I didn’t take it personally. We all want us to be better. We all have different thresholds of tolerance. Everyone has the right to express themselves. My only thought is that just about every point about what hasn’t gone right and who’s fault it is has been hammered and at this point we see nothing until Spring and nothing real until Fall. All we’re doing is running over the same old ground.
Recruiting and Portal transfers being the exception… doing well in portal for 2022…instability of program has hurt 2023 (no signees).

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
My only thought is that just about every point about what hasn’t gone right and who’s fault it is has been hammered and at this point we see nothing until Spring and nothing real until Fall. All we’re doing is running over the same old ground.
Yes we've all heard your only thought multiple times as well - should your account be locked so we don't have to look at your repetitive posts as well?

What do you think YOU are doing HERE that is so beneficial to Tech football?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yes we've all heard your only thought multiple times as well - should your account be locked so we don't have to look at your repetitive posts as well?

What do you think YOU are doing HERE that is so beneficial to Tech football?
Um, maybe you should take a break. You seem angry.

No one suggested any account be locked, so I'm not sure what you're talking about or why you would suggest that. This discussion was about the necessity and relevance of revisiting the same argument over and over. If I didn't want to read what @GTLorenzo had to say, I'd ignore him. For reasons of my own, I haven't, although I have several other fonts. As to my repetitive posts, you'll notice I've let that go. Maybe you should too. Just a suggestion.

If you don't want to read my comments, you know where the "ignore" button is. Go for it.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer

No one suggested any account be locked, so I'm not sure what you're talking about or why you would suggest that. This discussion was about the necessity and relevance of revisiting the same argument over and over. If I didn't want to read what @GTLorenzo had to say, I'd ignore him. For reasons of my own, I haven't, although I have several other fonts. As to my repetitive posts, you'll notice I've let that go. Maybe you should too. Just a suggestion.

If you don't want to read my comments, you know where the "ignore" button is. Go for it.
You love to hear yourself talk. 3 posts on just this page and you’re telling someone else they should take a break. This stuff is pure gold.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

Not angry at all - if you notice, I have posted very little the last few months - partially due to a temporary ban that was never explained to me, and partially because it's the offseason and I've accepted Tech is going to suck as long as Geoffrey is behind the wheel and thus found better uses for my time than being constantly disappointed. My comment is only pointing out your hypocrisy. You complain incessantly about other people with legitimate complaints. Perhaps you will mellow out when you realize you also contribute nothing of real value here either.

Btw I do have you on ignore. However that little bar tends to show up to "show ignored posts" when somebody replies to an ignored poster, and sometimes their reply makes me curious as to what the post had said. Unfortunately it doesn't just show the specific hidden post, and all of yours appear as well. If there were a permanent way to remove any of your posts from possibly becoming visible, I would use it. Perhaps that can be added as a feature to the site.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it is very silly and shows the demographic of this board that this is even a question. This is the tamest, cleanest, least offensive place on the internet. We can’t even make jokes here. God forbid there is a thread dedicated to criticism.
I like that about this site, most other sites are a circus of foolish sniping ... integrity, poise and grace should always be considered...

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You love to hear yourself talk. 3 posts on just this page and you’re telling someone else they should take a break. This stuff is pure gold.
Hey, if this site is making you angry, maybe you should step back for a while. Just a suggestion. I was getting upset at all the constant griping and complaining. I went back and forth with a number of fonts, yourself included. Then I realized it wasn't worth trying to get others to see my perspective because people don't want to have their minds changed, they want to express their happiness or displeasure, so I stopped trying to convince people. Call it a recent epiphany, if you like. Now, I'll offer my opinion and then respond when asked a direct question or if I'm misrepresented. It's a happier, friendlier, ForerensicBuzz. (unless I've been drinking, and that may be part of the problem)

We all want Tech to be better, so we're all on the same side (for the most part). If all the negativity starts getting to me, I'll just start "ignoring" certain fonts for a while. That's always a last resort for me because many of the fonts that complain heavily have interesting contributions, yourself included. Feel free to "ignore" me if you like, I know I'm an acquired taste.

Edit: You don't know me from Adam, so you have no idea whether I like to hear myself talk or not.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I like that about this site, most other sites are a circus of foolish sniping ... integrity, poise and grace should always be considered...
I think what loses me is the lack of humor on the board. I’m all about being civil with each other, but getting warnings for clearly sarcastic posts is a bit much. Especially when they aren’t aimed at fellow posters.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think what loses me is the lack of humor on the board. I’m all about being civil with each other, but getting warnings for clearly sarcastic posts is a bit much. Especially when they aren’t aimed at fellow posters.
The trouble with that is what *you* find humorous may not be what *others* find humorous. And it is always possible you're the one who is wrong.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
The trouble with that is what *you* find humorous may not be what *others* find humorous. And it is always possible you're the one who is wrong.
What a woke world we live in, anything you say will be found offensive by someone.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I find my humor not being found humorous to others and have trouble decyphering humor in others' comments. That being said, I think it should take an egregious offense to get someone banned and simple banter should not get someone warned.