Should the Fire Geoff Collins thread be locked?

Should the Fire Geoff Collins thread be locked?

• No - leave it as is

Votes: 91 48.9%
  • Yes - lock it temporarily

Votes: 33 17.7%
  • Yes - lock it permanently

Votes: 62 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
who here thinks Geoff Collins should be fired ?
sean penn GIF by IFC

:ROFLMAO:

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I'd be fine with the thread being open if people actually used it to not clutter actual interesting topics with the useless drivel that should be in this topic instead.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
happened a decade ago so maybe you forgot but getting blown out by middle tennessee state on homecoming was seriously one of the worst times to be a tech fan.
Not really. The loss was awful and a coach deservedly got fired for it, but we went on to play in the ACC championship and beat USC in a bowl game that year. If we win 7 games this year, play in the ACC championship and win a bowl game then im pretty sure Collins will be praised and get a contract extension.

JacketFan137

Banned
Not really. The loss was awful and a coach deservedly got fired for it, but we went on to play in the ACC championship and beat USC in a bowl game that year. If we win 7 games this year, play in the ACC championship and win a bowl game then im pretty sure Collins will be praised and get a contract extension.
a bowl game is obviously an accomplishment based on what we’ve seen from this very bad collins regime so far but you’re not painting a complete picture here.

we finished third in the division and only went to the championship because miami and UNC are cheaters. we played a demoralized USC team that quite frankly didn’t give a damn about that bowl game and we won

obviously that’s far better than anything collins has done but that season was pretty middle of the road objectively.

that loss (at the time) was really bad and people were PISSED. i think people aren’t remembering what it was like on the radio, and on other forums that existed before this. i specifically remember people saying the option had run its course etc. good thing we didn’t listen to those reactionary fans

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I don't even know why we should have to vote about it. I think CGC is doing the best he can do. Fail or Succeed, leave it at that. He is doing his best. He loves Georgia Tech. He wants to succeed more than anyone. This is his dream job. If he has another bad season and is fired then that is that. But in the mean time he is our head football coach and I think it shows a great deal of disrespect to a human being who is doing his best and has done nothing morally wrong.