Should the Fire Geoff Collins thread be locked?

Should the Fire Geoff Collins thread be locked?

• No - leave it as is

Votes: 91 48.9%
  • Yes - lock it temporarily

Votes: 33 17.7%
  • Yes - lock it permanently

Votes: 62 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
sorry that what i’ve said has gotten to the point you need to get personal online with a stranger
YOU are the one telling everyone else what they should say or not say. That's what I'm responding to. You just do it in a blanket fashion which allows you to get away with it, lol

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
like i’ve said we’ve reached the point where wanting to do well and talk about something other than constant negativity surrounding the program has made people mad. like it or not collins is here to stay. real life has too many actual problems to be this negative on the internet lol
You've got it backwards lol. The losing is what started the thread, not the other way around.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
like i’ve said we’ve reached the point where wanting to do well and talk about something other than constant negativity surrounding the program has made people mad. like it or not collins is here to stay. real life has too many actual problems to be this negative on the internet lol
Im just trying to wrap my head around someone coming to an internet message board for a team that has won 9 games in 3 years in an effort to escape negativity.

JacketFan137

Banned
Im just trying to wrap my head around someone coming to an internet message board for a team that has won 9 games in 3 years in an effort to escape negativity.
framing it that way isn’t exactly correct lol

i’m not coming to escape negativity i just enjoy tech football and football in general but the way people act on here idk if they even like it. it’s ultimately just people shouting into the void because i highly doubt these people are even going to games, contributing to the GTAA, and doing something other than voice their complaints on an online forum.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Yes simply because he won't be fired between now and the season beginning. Stop pi$$ing into the wind, it makes you look dumb.
I think most of the later part of that thread is not wanting to fire him. It has evolvled into why he cant be fired even if he should have and what are the signs that he wont be fired or what does he need to do so he does not get fired. It turned from being initially emotional after a truly historically disastrous 3 seasons (worst in 30-40 years) to a more practical of what he needs to do and if he does not how does that effect Tech Football.

I think a lot of people complaining about it just dont like the see the title at the top of the list of threads and assume it is still a bunch of circle jerking about how he needs to be fired now. Which it is not.

JacketFan137

Banned
I'm sure that's how other big time programs act when they W.I.N 2+1 for three years in a row. it's clearly just a problem with whiny Tech fans, right ?
big time programs like florida, tennessee, texas, etc end up firing their coaches constantly because they spend money. we don’t have that luxury

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I think most of the later part of that thread is not wanting to fire him. It has evolvled into why he cant be fired even if he should have and what are the signs that he wont be fired or what does he need to do so he does not get fired. It turned from being initially emotional after a truly historically disastrous 3 seasons (worst in 30-40 years) to a more practical of what he needs to do and if he does not how does that effect Tech Football.

I think a lot of people complaining about it just dont like the see the title at the top of the list of threads and assume it is still a bunch of circle jerking about how he needs to be fired now. Which it is not.
Thing is, there are far more people at this point griping about the thread than posting on it. It's slowed way down and will stay slow from now until September.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

I think you are one hundred percent correct. Maybe we could change the title of the thread to something else like ….
“Georgia Tech Football Coach Geoffrey Collins Watch Thread” or something less inflammatory.

And just telling people to accept mediocrity and get on with their lives doesn’t sound like the “Tech way” so the evolution of the thread into next steps or what needs to happen to salvage this coaching regime is appropriate.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
So if the thread has changed topics, then the thread should be shut down. Thank you for your support!
It hasn't changed topics, exactly. The topic is still firing Geoff Collins. But there are people on the thread explaining why he shouldn't or couldn't be fired.

There's also a "Hire Geoff Collins" thread, for those of that persuasion. See, something for everyone. To each his own.

My question is this: Would shutting it down mean discussing the concept of firing Geoff Collins is forbidden? If not, what would be the reason for shutting it down? You'd still have the same posts, just scattered everywhere.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I’ll say it one more time. An effort by the moderators and posters to boost the thread about new transfers would give some fresh material, new opinions and possibly even some positive news to share. People are looking for a way out of our current malaise.

The “Fire” thread is NOT, in my opinion, being bumped by people who want to fire CGC. It is bumped by people debating back and forth what are the realistic expectations at this point for the football program.

JacketFan137

Banned
Blind optimism does no good. Not in fandom, not in life. If people are coming to this board and getting triggered by a thread that says fire a coach that has had 3 3 win seasons they need to really wake up and smell the actual coffee.

I am not for locking threads that are speaking on a football topic on a football forum no matter the topic. We never locked any threads complaining about the option. And i doubt if this board had existed we would have locked threads complaining about gailaise. I also wonder what a thread would have looked like when o'leary pulled his BS. I bet it would have been more toxic than anything in that thread.
i think the middle tennessee state loss would have been the worst ever lol

JacketFan137

Banned
I’ll say it one more time. An effort by the moderators and posters to boost the thread about new transfers would give some fresh material, new opinions and possibly even some positive news to share. People are looking for a way out of our current malaise.

The “Fire” thread is NOT, in my opinion, being bumped by people who want to fire CGC. It is bumped by people debating back and forth what are the realistic expectations at this point for the football program.
the most recent comment is literally just a troll bumping it