Should New OC Faulkner work for uga in the CFP?

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
He'll be working the game for UGA...

The Atlanta Journal Constitution: Georgia sings praises of new Georgia Tech coordinator Buster Faulkner.
Low mark in GT football history. Key is focused on beating ugag 365 days per year, except when they need to borrow one of our coaches…

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I heard no mention of our QB whisperer or the fact that he was hired by us. In fact, never saw him on camera once. Lots of talk about Monken, though, and his work with Stetson. Whatever supposed benefit that fonts suggested we would get from OCBF working in the booth last night was non existent.
Some are just now waking up to the fact we've been b slapped. Mutt keeps our Co-OC, our recruiting suffers because he's working for them. Then despite all the hoopla about all his contribtions, we're just now figuring out he's just one of many analysts. I'm sure he's a great guy that just doesn't understand rivalries and once we finally get him on campus he'll develop into what we want him to be. In the mean time, we're frustrated and they're laughing.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I heard no mention of our QB whisperer or the fact that he was hired by us. In fact, never saw him on camera once. Lots of talk about Monken, though, and his work with Stetson. Whatever supposed benefit that fonts suggested we would get from OCBF working in the booth last night was non existent.
The benefits were non-apparent. Suggested benefits were more than just a mention on TV. They included the stature of an OC/recruiter having worked with a team in the playoffs, if not the champion (twice).

I don't want Ugag to win this. But it's like investing - I may have no use for a product personally, but if I think its stock is going up, I'm buying it, anyway. Him finishing out his season with the Mutts won't affect us at all negatively but may provide some benefit.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Some are just now waking up to the fact we've been b slapped. Mutt keeps our Co-OC, our recruiting suffers because he's working for them. Then despite all the hoopla about all his contribtions, we're just now figuring out he's just one of many analysts. I'm sure he's a great guy that just doesn't understand rivalries and once we finally get him on campus he'll develop into what we want him to be. In the mean time, we're frustrated and they're laughing.
How so? We're in the dead period. And he's already been on the recruiting trail previous to that.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
The benefits were non-apparent. Suggested benefits were more than just a mention on TV. They included the stature of an OC/recruiter having worked with a team in the playoffs, if not the champion (twice).

I don't want Ugag to win this. But it's like investing - I may have no use for a product personally, but if I think its stock is going up, I'm buying it, anyway. Him finishing out his season with the Mutts won't affect us at all negatively but may provide some benefit.
People were suggesting we would get some publicity from him being in the booth. We did not get mentioned once. Nor did I hear his name, but I did hear Monken's name a lot.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I mean.. “watch what we do” prior to the dead period followed by the guy getting another natty and then coming back into your home to talk about what he’ll do to develop you is not a bad look. Ever.
That's what I meant by investing. Heart says I don't want Ugag to win it all, but head says they're probably going to, anyway. Investments should be made with the head, not the heart. If they're going to win it anyway, why not get some benefit from it?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
People were suggesting we would get some publicity from him being in the booth. We did not get mentioned once.
Yes, I know, but it wasn't the only benefit suggested. The publicity was a minor sidelight compared to the recruiting acumen garnered by being a valued analyst on a 2-in-a-row natty team.
And besides, there's another game to go (unfortunately).

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck

The benefit does not outweigh the negatives. Its just a bad optic. We already have the benefit of him working with a national champion QB, he doesn't need to do it twice. The fact this thread exists and that we are actually questioning if he has mixed loyalties is bad. Who is paying him right now? If I was him, I would want to be at my new job, watching film and getting to know the program. Now we have to wait another week.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The benefit does not outweigh the negatives. Its just a bad optic. We already have the benefit of him working with a national champion QB, he doesn't need to do it twice. The fact this thread exists and that we are actually questioning if he has mixed loyalties is bad. Who is paying him right now? If I was him, I would want to be at my new job, watching film and getting to know the program. Now we have to wait another week.
No problem - he'll have gobs of time to catch up on that between January and September. Gobs of time.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Faulkner will have plenty of time to study all of the ugly film about our offense over the past several years.

No worries.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Faulkner will have plenty of time to study all of the ugly film about our offense over the past several years.

No worries.
Maybe he should throw the films away from TFG's regime and start with the last 8 games from last year. Anything previous is not going to tell him anything useful.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I hope he has an offense that suits our players ready to go by start of spring practice vs the week of the Louisville game.
I have faith that he will because I have faith in the guy who hired him and allowed him to finish out his season. Spring is a ways off.
The week or two delay isn't going to matter. Quality time is more important than quantity.