Should New OC Faulkner work for uga in the CFP?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Uga hires coordinators and makes them analysts. We hire analysts and make them coordinators. If that doesn’t show the discrepancy, then damn.
They have 3 all world TE.

Our best TE is a walk on who dropped key pass in uga game.

One of their TE is in Portal.

We have posters who say we don't want him because he is not smart enough.

Are we elite because we pay our players less than UGA ?

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Well, we don’t really know exactly what Coach Key’s arrangement with the two co-offensive coordinators is. Perhaps Coach Key will provide more details about it later.
The coach calling the plays will be a game-time decision to make things more difficult for the opposition.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
He'll be working the game for UGA...

The Atlanta Journal Constitution: Georgia sings praises of new Georgia Tech coordinator Buster Faulkner.

gorcone

Georgia Tech Fan

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
They have 3 all world TE.

Our best TE is a walk on who dropped key pass in uga game.

One of their TE is in Portal.

We have posters who say we don't want him because he is not smart enough.

Are we elite because we pay our players less than UGA ?
I haven’t seen people saying we don’t want him because he isn’t smart enough. Though I haven’t read every post. I HAVE heard lots of people saying he’s got major “issues” and the implication is more head-case stuff rather than academics.

So yeah, I don’t want a head-case whose issues might lead to a problem in the locker room. Is he uber talented? You bet. I still don’t want the kid here if he’s still got major emotional issues to deal with.

JacketFan137

Banned
I haven’t seen people saying we don’t want him because he isn’t smart enough. Though I haven’t read every post. I HAVE heard lots of people saying he’s got major “issues” and the implication is more head-case stuff rather than academics.

So yeah, I don’t want a head-case whose issues might lead to a problem in the locker room. Is he uber talented? You bet. I still don’t want the kid here if he’s still got major emotional issues to deal with.
if you dig you can find a lot of rumors that are basically right on the head. his issue was never football ability or grades. he has some personal demons he needs to manage before he thinks about football.

idk if we are the school to do that for him. i would rather let someone else try to deal with it and hope he ends up ok

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
if you dig you can find a lot of rumors that are basically right on the head. his issue was never football ability or grades. he has some personal demons he needs to manage before he thinks about football.

idk if we are the school to do that for him. i would rather let someone else try to deal with it and hope he ends up ok

The opposite is to mostly take great kids who never see the field but graduate in 2-3 years.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
The opposite is to mostly take great kids who never see the field but graduate in 2-3 years.
This may come as a shock to you but there’s this thing called “grey area” where you don’t have to take one extreme or the other. Also we are really only talking about Arik Gilbert. Not every single case. Right now, with THIS particular kid, I think it’s not worth the risk. Some other situations would probably be worth the risk. Just my opinion.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This may come as a shock to you but there’s this thing called “grey area” where you don’t have to take one extreme or the other. Also we are really only talking about Arik Gilbert. Not every single case. Right now, with THIS particular kid, I think it’s not worth the risk. Some other situations would probably be worth the risk. Just my opinion.
Thanks for agreeing to take a risk in the future.
I have no idea what you r so certian about the failures of Ark that makes him such a pariah.

Perhaps we can take a guy like D Mills who was a risk. Some how gt made it past that one. A better pick at roomate would be good idea.

My point I would like to see way fewer 3 years and done ol guys. They should stay at least 4 years and 5 if the take redshirt.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
If the Pups win this game, it may be an even bigger feather in Kirby’s hat than last year’s championship. This is just masterful coaching. Day has been really impressive on the other side, too.