Shorter exhibition

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Couple of random thoughts.......Great to see Jackson play like this. We will need this all year. Stephens is hot or cold and that won't change. I wouldn't be surprised if we intentionally made Lammers the focal point of the O to show Carter how we would use him. At least the recruits got to see an exciting game and the team had no quit in them.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Basketball is a any given day kind of sport. Did we do as well as we wanted? No. Im trying to look up that last time a team won while not making a single three pointer, and the most recent game i can find is in the 90's. This game had a MSU vs MTSU NCAA tournament kind of vibe. We would win 9 out of 10 but if they are shooting lights out from behind the arch its always going to be hard to win. Yet we pulled it out. Nice to see. But definitely room to grow.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
No matter how you skin this cat, this feels no better than a moral victory in a 20-point blow out loss to Wake Forest.

I would like to hear we were testing a 1-3-1 for 20+ min or testing big/little combos for the season. If this is the case, there's little to read into.

Or were we really going m2m, best-on-best against Shorter, as the minutes suggest? If this is the case, perhaps this season can go worse than many of our worst case scenarios.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Sly only rcvd 11 minutes against a D2 school, AD is suspended indefinitely and Truck played 27 minutes.

Yeah, it's possible that the situation is WORSE than anticipated.

scotts

Jolly Good Fellow
We should enjoy each and every win this season.
I enjoyed watching our offense last night when compared to the last 4 years. If we recruit the right players we will be fun to watch.
It was painful to watch our offense under CBG.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I enjoyed watching our offense last night when compared to the last 4 years. If we recruit the right players we will be fun to watch.

That's because an offense didn't exist. Play pass back with the wing for 30 seconds and either turn it over on the post entry or take an ill-advised jumper with teams that can't shoot isn't an offense.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Weren't there some recruits there this weekend? Could sell them on seeing as high school seniors.

No indication there were any recruits there besides Wendell Carter.

I still think we have pretty much no shot at him, but I now believe we're probably selling him on stretch 4 with Lammers in the post, not necessarily starting over Lammers. Just a gut feel.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
CBG would never have let Shorter score 70+ points...of course, CBG wouldn't have let our offense score 70+ points either....

:whistle:

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Does anyone know why Jodan Price did not play?

Also, in OT, we went with Q, Lammers, Okogie, Moore and TJ all the way. And we scored 17 points in five minutes.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know why Jodan Price did not play?

Also, in OT, we went with Q, Lammers, Okogie, Moore and TJ all the way. And we scored 17 points in five minutes.

Tried to find out, but wasn't able to. My guess is that it's just a talent issue. He only shot 30% off the bench at E. Michigan so I wouldn't expect him to get many more minutes than the walk ons.

As hard as it is to watch sometimes, I still enjoy every game. Seeing these guys out here fighting for 40 minutes with the GT name on their back is all I need. It's what I love about college basketball. That said, winning sure feels nice :p

alagold

Helluva Engineer
There is little reason to think we can beat anyone of consequence and probably NOT several of the so-called cupcakes.When your "best" 3 pt SR shooter is 0-8 vs a nobody at home ,it bodes poorly for scoring when you get to teams that play real def.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Did Price get accepted to GT's basketball team under CJP or the prior regime? I thought it was CJP and if so why did he take someone who is a walk on level? If it was the prior regime then nevermind