Shorter exhibition

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Holy smokes! Tadric finally came around and started playing like we hope he would. I like Okogie...good all around game for a frosh. Lammers played well, but Shorter didn't have a guy over 6-7. Did Price play at all, and if not why? Is he part of the suspensions. I heard that Gueye is suspended also. Hope we learn a lot from this game.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Shorter lost their exhibition to Jax St 105-82 in regulation. They took us to overtime.

Smdh

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not a lot to get overly excited about for this year. But I will take a win. Heck of a lot better than the alternative.

To echo another post - can't win in today's basketball if you can't shoot 3's or defend 3's.
Didn't see the game but wonder if we just didn't get good 3 opportunities or we just couldn't shoot?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not a lot to get overly excited about for this year. But I will take a win. Heck of a lot better than the alternative.

To echo another post - can't win in today's basketball if you can't shoot 3's or defend 3's.
Didn't see the game but wonder if we just didn't get good 3 opportunities or we just couldn't shoot?

I listened on the radio and it didn't sound as if we were taking bad 3pt shots. Weren't going in. At least a couple for Q were in & out, but so what. Kid needs to make those at this point.

It's hard to get a gauge for defense on the radio, but didn't get an indication that the perimeter defense was of quality.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
A few things happened that we expected: a lot more assists and turnovers due to CJP system and the learning curve; the freshmen seem to be competent, but not world beaters; Moore will be OK at the point, but may not score many points.

What did not happen, and is troubling: No made threes (0-14); perimeter defense is scary (Shorter launched 34 treys); Shorter took eight more shoots and us!

It is nice that TJ and Lammers stepped up. It was a win, but not something to sooth our nerves about the coming season.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I listened on the radio and it didn't sound as if we were taking bad 3pt shots. Weren't going in. At least a couple for Q were in & out, but so what. Kid needs to make those at this point.

It's hard to get a gauge for defense on the radio, but didn't get an indication that the perimeter defense was of quality.

I listened as well. Sounded like Hayward was trying to out physical Taylor and that obviously didn't work. Even on the last play in regulation sounded like he could get his shot whenever he wanted.

Was surprised a bit that he played Q 40 minutes. Would think in that amount of time he would find a way to get at least one 3. With Moore playing 37 minutes I would have hoped for more than 6 and 6. I did like Tadrick to the basket and Lammers showing some offense. From the call sounded like he had pretty good footwork around his moves. Again, didn't see it but you would hope with all the emphasis on driving and getting the ball to Lammers that there would be some kick outs we could make. But I guess we don't have any shooters.