"Shocking play call"

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Never claimed he was or is. Still knows more about football than any fan lol. That fact will never be apparent to some fans though.

How about Roof? He was an idiot in the first quarter right? But a genius in qtrs 2-4...smdh

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
@Buzztheirazz, you actually got what you wanted on the 4th down play. While the play was a called give per CPJ postgame, based on what I saw it was also an unbalanced line. Joe lined up next to Chamberlain on the left side.

Lmao....so the scheme is outdated since the Orange Bowl....ok. Glad you weren't in charge at Bastogne.
I probably could have called a play to convert the 4th down today. This is not a very good team or coaching staff right now and o think everybody should be very concerned about it. I've never seen a D1 team looked as bad passing the past two weeks. Just completely down right terrible.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
I probably could have called a play to convert the 4th down today. This is not a very good team or coaching staff right now and o think everybody should be very concerned about it. I've never seen a D1 team looked as bad passing the past two weeks. Just completely down right terrible.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=263290061 - and that team was theoretically built to throw it a little bit.

I would have gone outside on 3rd down, but oh well. The 4th down call had a shot if someone had blocked #93.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

I doubt your first contention baby but I'm sure you are Knute Rockney reincarnated in your own mind.
As to your 2nd point, I said weeks ago our passing game had a lot of bad goin on....at the end of last year. Inexperience at WR makes it worse. But our pass pro has been subpar for a while and continues to be. That is fair criticism on CPJ also.

I doubt your first contention baby but I'm sure you are Knute Rockney reincarnated in your own mind.
As to your 2nd point, I said weeks ago our passing game had a lot of bad goin on....at the end of last year. Inexperience at WR makes it worse. But our pass pro has been subpar for a while and continues to be. That is fair criticism on CPJ also.
Considering duke was shooting the gaps all day long and never attempted a HARD COUNT blows my mind. We couldn't adjust which is from bad coaching and not being prepared. As far as the playing calling on 4th down, who knows what I could have dialed up but it wouldn't have been the same damn play the last two weeks. Hard count would have been my play, then a timeout.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
http://espn.go.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=263290061 - and that team was theoretically built to throw it a little bit.

I would have gone outside on 3rd down, but oh well. The 4th down call had a shot if someone had blocked #93.

Yeah the play would have worked if it were a better play. As it was it was horrible.

What makes it worse is I knew it was coming. I knew we were going up the middle and I knew we were coming up short. Everyone out there knew it was coming. Duke knew it was coming and they knew they were going to stop it. If you honestly were sitting there thinking we were going to make a better play call please respond...

I'm petty down on the team right now, but I'm not sure there's anything good to get behind right now. We are a bad football team and we'd better improve very quickly or we will all be embarrassed very soon

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
@BabyJacket1990 and others - easy to say that anytime a play doesn't end up as it was designed. Yes a lot of us were thinking rocket toss or soemthing outside. Howver that'd require blocking the edge... not something we'd been doing well this season.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
@BabyJacket1990 and others - easy to say that anytime a play doesn't end up as it was designed. Yes a lot of us were thinking rocket toss or soemthing outside. Howver that'd require blocking the edge... not something we'd been doing well this season.

I believe every rocket toss we ran against duke, all 3-4 were all very nice gains. I dont know why we didnt do it a few more times

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Please consider it is not be the running backs IMHO who ironically seem very competitive...it is unfortunately much more fundamental and worse... its the offensive line which clearly is not stepping up and has highlighted that the loss of Shaq Mason was a key.....
We are in deep trouble unless we calm down and get back to the blue collar mentality of last year and keep on grinding grinding and keep in grinding!
Ii actually wanted to run veer on one of those two downs. Haven't watched replays so maybe one was...I dunno. What I do know is this...coach knows his offense and players a helluva lot better than anyone on this board.
There is no question of CPJ knowledgecof his offense...his assesment and deployment of his players is the current concern...The timing of your comment is puzzling since we have been humbled two weeks in a row by two vastly different teams with similar very scary and disappointing results...

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe every rocket toss we ran against duke, all 3-4 were all very nice gains. I dont know why we didnt do it a few more times

Same thing could be said about last week. One of the few plays we were successful in running if memory serves me. I admit, I was on vacation and have since tried to block that game from my memory. I do remember asking myself during the game why we didn't run that more because we had some (relative) success running it.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

Don't need a ton of outside blocking when the entire defense is lined up in the box. There were several times we could have run rocket toss for sure 10 yard gains.

The hard count is what should have been called. They had our snap count down today and CPJ never once tried to disrupt them. POOR COACHING.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Ii actually wanted to run veer on one of those two downs. Haven't watched replays so maybe one was...I dunno. What I do know is this...coach knows his offense and players a helluva lot better than anyone on this board.
And everybody except those on the board know this. Interesting to see the belly up on the board. Real bunch of competitors.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Our only penalty was when a lineman (Chamberlain??? ) had a false start. Our past has shown that some of our linemen can't remember what the snap count is...
With that, the line judge should have thrown a flag for the Duke player lined up in the neutral zone, not that he effected the play, but the penalty was "obvious". Not saying that'd we'd of scored on the possession to take the lead, but now we'll never know.