"Shocking play call"

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Well is what is!!! Defense played pretty well :)
either coach needs to work on play calling or teaching QB what to call - don't know which??????

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think a lot of this has to do with field condition. We don't often admit it, but ours is a dry field O. We had a lot of turnovers and near turnovers today and the wet had a lot to do with it. All the plays mentioned above have a higher probability of detrimental consequences on a wet field. And, of course, so did losing Shaq Mason; he was terrific in the wet. Shamire was good today, but he still has a way to go.

For all that, I do think we need to think about playing Marshall and, especially, Allen more at BB and see what happens. We aren't getting the play out of Skov we need so far.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I think a lot of this has to do with field condition. We don't often admit it, but ours is a dry field O. We had a lot of turnovers and near turnovers today and the wet had a lot to do with it. All the plays mentioned above have a higher probability of detrimental consequences on a wet field. And, of course, so did losing Shaq Mason; he was terrific in the wet. Shamire was good today, but he still has a way to go.

For all that, I do think we need to think about playing Marshall and, especially, Allen more at BB and see what happens. We aren't getting the play out of Skov we need so far.

Please consider it may not be the running backs who seem very competitive...it is unfortunately much more fundamental and worse... its the offensive line which clearly is not stepping up and has highlighted that the lose of Shaq Mason was a key.....

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We have to run what we do people. When we struggle on O it doesn't make much sense to scrap what we do well just to try something different. Or focus on parts of our O that aren't our strengths.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
We have to run what we do people. When we struggle on O it doesn't make much sense to scrap what we do well just to try something different. Or focus on parts of our O that aren't our strengths.
Box is stacked. They slanted DT's inside to stop the dive all day. On the TD drive before halftime we had some success with the rocket toss. Idk why you don't run a Triple there on 4th and 2 and at least give yourself more "options" to pick up the first down.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Ii actually wanted to run veer on one of those two downs. Haven't watched replays so maybe one was...I dunno. What I do know is this...coach knows his offense and players a helluva lot better than anyone on this board.
Yeah and we also wouldn't have seen Synjyn last year if laskey hadn't gotten hurt. He's not some all knowing genie

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
That play call was horrible. There were 9 guys in the box and we run right up the middle.

Zero chance of a first down. Everyone watching knew it too, thats that's the worst part.

Could have thrown a touchdown pass, pitched for a first down, or any number of things. Sometimes I feel like he gets stubborn and just wants to prove a point more than win.

I get emotional and irrational during games. Our head coach should not.