Scrimmage #2

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
David Curry needs to be nicer to CC. That is our QB of the future after all.

11251820.jpeg

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for the pic link.
Looks like 83 can adjusted to the ball and high pointed well on two passes. Same as in scrimmage 1. Will not mention names to keep this blog under ten pages.

I have a feeling that kid is going to play a good bit this year for a freshman WR. Especially if he can get his blocking assignments down.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Those CPJ death marches in the past are going to pale in comparison to what is about to show up on Grant Field this year with the experience of this offensive line and a bruiser of a B-Back. Add to that the knowledge and off the charts ability of Justin Thomas in this offense along with the play calling expertise of the Head Coach, which creates an opportunity to see for the very first time on the Flats the FULL Playbook being utilized on offense.
I heard the orchestra swell in triumphant chords and the chorus in full crescendo as sparkling rays of sun light came beaming from the heavens!

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Love this picture, looks like the guys were enjoying themselves. Alcorn State, game on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 236

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I have a feeling that kid is going to play a good bit this year for a freshman WR. Especially if he can get his blocking assignments down.

I think he's going to be a good player for us, but I do fear fan boy hype. A few years ago we endured Team Vad fan boys griping about Tevin.

I don't want to go thru that sort of season again. We should expect Summers and Jeune as starters with Messick up first. If Brad can contribute, great.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
Id like to think all of our players are close on and off the field.
Me too, but 105 guys can't all be. I played on a team of 53 (unfortunately, this was not an NFL team). My personality alone made being close to everyone impossible.

There are probably a couple mes on the team, and if so, thats good for the mes, because mes need mes.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
“As a defense, I just feel like we’re so much further ahead than we were last preseason,” Golden said. “The way we’re running to the ball now, getting hats to the ball, is like I’ve never seen it before since I’ve been here at Tech.”
If you want any valuable information, you need to speak to the players! Ken knows what's up.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Me too, but 105 guys can't all be. I played on a team of 53 (unfortunately, this was not an NFL team). My personality alone made being close to everyone impossible.

There are probably a couple mes on the team, and if so, thats good for the mes, because mes need mes.
Yeah. I can be friendly with 100 congenial people, but close friends means much more than easy laughter. I hope a lot of life long friendships evolve among these 100+ guys. However, they can't all be close. Some will, and that is wonderful.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
He was dinged in the scrimmage. CPJ said 2 or 3 guys got hurt and he hopes they are not serious. Allen was probably one of those 2 or 3. We probably want know the other one(s) until someone leaks the information to the outside.

Go Jackets!

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll be interested to see what Mr. Skov has to say throughout the season regarding how he fits into this CPJ offense and his decision to come to GT. He's a bright young man who did his own research and knew that he had an opportunity to be an important component in this triple option scheme.