Scheduling

Animal02

Banned
I'm not debating that we play Pitt. I think our profile in the area would be higher by playing someone like Penn State, but I don't want to detract from my point ... recruiting philosophy should follow competition philosophy.
We have played Pitt now for several years......I wish they would tak advantage of that and recruit the Pittsburgh to Cleveland region......it is another "hotbed" for D1 players.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
We DID fill our allotment for the Detroit bowl
I never heard one way or another how many tickets Tech sold . Do you have a number? I will say this, CJC won't sit on his butt if Tech goes to a bowl this year. He will be banging on fans to support his team by buying bowl tickets and the fans will respond! Something pj would never do.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We have played Pitt now for several years......I wish they would tak advantage of that and recruit the Pittsburgh to Cleveland region......it is another "hotbed" for D1 players.
Excellent info.
A few years ago I looked at a map that showed the p5 and gt teams. The east coast / atlantic is packed w schools - a number of which have higher rated academics.
I like the big city approach as we go out from our recent footprint. You dang right they should recruit the recruit rich areas where we already play - Pittsburgh/ Cleveland in midwest. already on schedule.

Ucf and usf in Orlando Tampa
New Orleans- Tulane( easy win(
Houston Dallas- u of h TCU.

I think the kids near mega cities will have easier transition to ATL .

Now Reading article on how the evil S gets high rated recruits( the kind that can pass at gt) and they discuss the stress being far away from home has on recruits . Wifes dad worked at S research and we visited that place is idealic - almost fake. Not much hip hop.

That said, I trust this high octane recruiting staff to build relationships and bring kids in that won't bolt. Ths staff seem to make the work outs fun and way more public - so family and friends can chime in ( making tech fans one click at a time.).
Airlines between major city way easier .

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
If you don't think scheduling drives perception please take a look at Mississippi State. They beat 4 creampuffs OOC and Arkansas and Ole Miss who won exactly 1 conference game between the two of them. Yet, they were ranked in the mid-teens. Average teams always get exposed but until that occurs ride the wave of public opinion.

Hard to say. MS tends to recruit well. And a stretch of Kentucky, Florida, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M, and Alabama is pretty hard to beat as to SOS. And they pretty much have to play Arkansas and Ole Miss.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I think one of you did. I read his post to be saying that when we DO beat a ranked team, that team and/or the media make excuses.
You almost got it. When we beat a ranked team, OUR fan base starts the narrative of why the supposed good team really wasn’t. The evidence is GT beat them. It’s really sad. They know who they are and it has been all agenda driven. It will be interesting to see if their tactics change this fall.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
You almost got it. When we beat a ranked team, OUR fan base starts the narrative of why the supposed good team really wasn’t. The evidence is GT beat them. It’s really sad. They know who they are and it has been all agenda driven. It will be interesting to see if their tactics change this fall.

I am reminded of Texas A&M. My brother in law is an Aggie and attended an Alabama game with my brother. After the game, asked his opinion, he said simply, "This is what I want for Texas A&M!" And to which my brother added ... "Hold on there Buddy. "This" has been 50 years in the making in terms of culture, stadium, merchandising, support ... You can't expect to have it today. If you start today ... maybe in 25 years you'll have something close. You have to change people's minds."

Tech was the Bomb in the 50's and early 60's. Then ... it ran off the tracks. To build the culture, fanbase, and support ... will take effort and time. But doable. But it starts with a positive, knowledgeable fan base.

LibertyTurns

Banned
@Vespidae Exactly. Amazon was started nearly 25 years ago. Look what it took to build a dynasty.

I look at my company. Took 3 years to get finanacially stable. Recession hit. Took 2 years to fully recover. Investor support was required to grow for another 4 years. New equipment, new designs took another 2-3 years until they really started bearing fruit. Now we’re 100% self-investing. Taking market share in chunks now year over year. When new product hits the line at end of year our competitors are going to be losing another big chunk.

GT football is no different. Starts with a strategy. Constant changes and refinements to build the program: Leadership, Coaches, Infrastructure, Programs and Processes (internal and external) and yes even Academics. All major pillars of a successful program.

We seem to be attacking each and have a strategy for the first time since Homer. Hopefully we can paddle fast enough to avoid being washed out to sea, get real momentum going and start closing the gap on the competition.

Animal02

Banned
Excellent info.
A few years ago I looked at a map that showed the p5 and gt teams. The east coast / atlantic is packed w schools - a number of which have higher rated academics.
I like the big city approach as we go out from our recent footprint. You dang right they should recruit the recruit rich areas where we already play - Pittsburgh/ Cleveland in midwest. already on schedule.

Ucf and usf in Orlando Tampa
New Orleans- Tulane( easy win(
Houston Dallas- u of h TCU.

I think the kids near mega cities will have easier transition to ATL .

Now Reading article on how the evil S gets high rated recruits( the kind that can pass at gt) and they discuss the stress being far away from home has on recruits . Wifes dad worked at S research and we visited that place is idealic - almost fake. Not much hip hop.

That said, I trust this high octane recruiting staff to build relationships and bring kids in that won't bolt. Ths staff seem to make the work outs fun and way more public - so family and friends can chime in ( making tech fans one click at a time.).
Airlines between major city way easier .
College Football players.jpeg