Scheduling

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think Auburn should be in over Bama but if we are going with the nonsense excuse of picking the 4 best teams then I’m not sure how you can conclusively say that Bama is a better team than Auburn when Auburn beat them with relative ease just a week ago.
And Auburn beat UGA pretty bad a few weeks against, it's part of football. You have to look at the season in full. Just because a team beat another team it doesn't make them better. Just like GT and UT.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The team that won their conference and beat two top 10 teams. Bamas best win is also Troys best win. Bama literally did nothing to earn their way into the playoff other than have the name Alabama.
This^ OSU and Alabama's resumes are too similar to just decide you think Alabama is better. Conference championship should easily be the tiebreaker.

Jmonty71

Banned
I guess my concern is how do we really know how good Bama is? They feasted on crappy (this year) SEC teams, a lousy out of conference schedule and didn't have the opportunity to lose in the conference championship 'cause they weren't good enough to get there. #### 'em. They don't belong in.
I hope Clemson beats them by 30 and embarrasses the committee.

TechPreacher

Banned
The problem with FBS, and the reason we have this same controversy every year, is that it is the only sport at any level, from pee wee to pros, including every other level of college football, that tries to find the "best team" instead of the champion. Many times, the "best team" does not end up being the champion, and the champion was not the "best team". And with other sports, that disparity is not only accepted, but in many cases applauded. How many times has the wild card team won the World Series or the Super Bowl? Or what about the Cinderella stories in the NCAA tournament? Those team become media darlings. But to do such a thing in FBS becomes the greatest of all evils and the ruination of all that is good and holy in the universe. The bottom line is that FBS tries to combine the old bowl mentality of "best team" with the tournament concept of "champion", and they will never mix.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The team that won their conference and beat two top 10 teams. Bamas best win is also Troys best win. Bama literally did nothing to earn their way into the playoff other than have the name Alabama.
So Ohio state deserves it over Bama with getting rocked by Iowa and Oklahoma? Atleast Bama took care of the teams they should. I can see both arguments, but to say Bama isn't a top 4 team is just speculation imo. I just don't think a top 4 team gives up 55 points to an average team at best.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
This^ OSU and Alabama's resumes are too similar to just decide you think Alabama is better. Conference championship should easily be the tiebreaker.
I get this but overall record, and who the losses are to should be a part of that discussion, not just conference championship.

TechPreacher

Banned
So Ohio state deserves it over Bama with getting rocked by Iowa and Oklahoma? Atleast Bama took care of the teams they should. I can see both arguments, but to say Bama isn't a top 4 team is just speculation imo. I just don't think a top 4 team gives up 55 points to an average team at best.

It is also speculation to say Bama is a top 4 team. We can remove all the "I just don't think"s from the equation by making the criteria 5-choose-4. Bama lost its "playoff" game last week. Too bad.