Rushing yards vs. Alcorn State

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
LOL, is that all you can come up with. Do a little research to see what johnson's yards per game is when playing FCS teams,that's all.

Don't need come up with anything else. Your ignorance speaks for itself. BTW Johnson, as a proper name, should be capitalized. PJ has NEVER been accused by an opposing coach as running up a score or yardage. I sure you were pissy about Spurrier when he was at FL.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Do a little research to see what johnson's yards per game is when playing FCS teams,that's all.

I know I'm being Captain Obvious here, but of course more yardage is run up playing FCS teams. Why wouldn't it be? But he puts in the second and third string. Last time we played Alcorn it was 34-0 after the first quarter. What is he going to do, have the QB take a knee in the second quarter?

Last edited:

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
TQ plays at least 3 qtrs. 459 yds rushing.
Marshall will come out after first series of the third. PJ likes to pull his guys in games like that as fast as he can. Doesn't want to rub someone's face in it, wants to get in as many guys as he can.
300 yards plus rushing at the half for the team. Finish with 550.
What was it the last time, 60 something points, with the first couple of scores set up by the D?

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't need come up with anything else. Your ignorance speaks for itself. BTW Johnson, as a proper name, should be capitalized. PJ has NEVER been accused by an opposing coach as running up a score or yardage. I sure you were pissy about Spurrier when he was at FL.
Stop it OJF, I can't believe you're completely missing the point of the lower case j ! Go drink your glass of warm milk and take a nap.

Marshall will come out after first series of the third. PJ likes to pull his guys in games like that as fast as he can. Doesn't want to rub someone's face in it, wants to get in as many guys as he can.
300 yards plus rushing at the half for the team. Finish with 550.
What was it the last time, 60 something points, with the first couple of scores set up by the D?

I'd love to see a D score or 2. Plus 3+ TOs, 3+ sacks, etc. I'd rather see a dominating D than a dominating O at this point.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I know the question is "Rushing Yardage", but we need to get all the rough edges smoothed out for the following weeks. As of now, we're projected to be underdogs the following three weeks at USF, Pitt, and Clemson (seriously), but big favorites against Alcorn State.
If we use the game wisely, we'll work on aspects of the game that don't see a lot of work, and should go over on passing yardage and passing attempts and completion percentage.
I think the question is whether we're using our first came as a tune up, or a game to stretch our skills, or if we're going to play very safe and get off the field as easy as possible.
I hope it's the second option. If it is, I'd hope for about 300 rushing and about 150-200 passing. I'm afraid we'll see about 400 rushing yards and 60 passing yards.
I disagree, I want our bread and butter working so good we can sleep walk it. It's what makes everything else possible, without it, the rest is a real tough row.