Roster Heights/Weights Updated on RR.com

LibertyTurns

Banned
How does that impact football? Imagine going into a recruit’s house and tell him that 1) he can major in Twitter and 2) if he doesn’t make the NFL, he can make $250+ per year running social media for Fortune 500 companies (and all of that is true).
How about sitting down in a kid’s living room and telling him we can get you from not being a draft choice to being a draft choice by analyzing your technique and correcting your errors the pointy headed nerd over in the corner downloaded from your practice video, we’d add 15-20 lbs of good weight to your frame by having better S&C and a tailored nutrition plan and increase your quickness, strength and agility at the same time plus reduce the chance of injury because we’ll have you monitored like the space shuttle. All your gear is designed to fit your body and is performance enhancing to boot. All that and we’ll teach you life skills so you’ve got a chance at a decent career when athletics is over.

Maybe we could start with something like that instead of slamming the Calculus book down on the coffee table and asking if they want to skip practices to go to class because Peterson can’t get his profs and/or staff under control and we have to uphold our precious academic reputation at the expense of everything else?

Animal02

Banned
Maybe we could start with something like that instead of slamming the Calculus book down on the coffee table and asking if they want to skip practices to go to class because Peterson can’t get his profs and/or staff under control and we have to uphold our precious academic reputation at the expense of everything else?

Just a ridiculous statement. There is far more to academics than just the President's whims.

And that does even touch the fact that GT's primary purpose is higher education. Sports are just extra curricular activities.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Just a ridiculous statement. There is far more to academics than just the President's whims.

And that does even touch the fact that GT's primary purpose is higher education. Sports are just extra curricular activities.
Ain’t that just precious. I love the way you’re protecting my elite degree. I can now attend my next meeting resting assured nobody’s going to dismiss my academic bonafides because our star RB can’t splice a gene while he’s busy curing cancer.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I’ve said before that the most desperately needed field in business right now is digital communications coupled with advanced analytics. Basically, how do you communicate on Twitter to customers and how do you analyze consumer sentiment in real time to evaluate success/failure of messaging or products.

Imagine the value to Chipotle a few years ago from monitoring Facebook to find an abnormal number of illness reports in a specific region, using that to pin point restaurants with problems.

GT is already a world leader in Advanced Analytics. Coupling that with digital communications would close the gap.

How does that impact football? Imagine going into a recruit’s house and tell him that 1) he can major in Twitter and 2) if he doesn’t make the NFL, he can make $250+ per year running social media for Fortune 500 companies (and all of that is true).

Or imagine using those tools to target our communication to recruits and to analyze the sentiment of recruits toward our program. Lots of data out there.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
https://ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/roster/

The convention now seems to be rounding to the nearest 5 lbs.

Where's the beef? Here apparently.

OL
Kenny Cooper - 315
Connor Hansen - 320
Zach Quinney - 280
Jared Southers - 315
Jack Defoor - 295
Chet Lagod - 285

DL
Djimon Brooks - 300
TK - 295
Jahaziel Lee - 295
Sylvain Yondjouen - 255

OP
170 soaking wet

Our problem along the lines hasn't been so much a lack of mass as it has been a lack of strength, just from my observation. Hopefully improved off-season weight training has made us stronger up front.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Our problem along the lines hasn't been so much a lack of mass as it has been a lack of strength, just from my observation. Hopefully improved off-season weight training has made us stronger up front.
Don't forget quickness and athleticism. Being big is good. Being big, strong, quick and fast with great instincts is Clemson.