Roster Heights/Weights Updated on RR.com

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Wow!! The weight gains across the board, if true, are humongous.

All done in only, what, five or six months since CGC’s hire?

True, or false? I’m really not sure what to believe. A lot of the players, including the linemen, certainly didn’t look any bigger in the spring game just last week.

Perhaps “before and after” photos of the players might help. You know, like what they do in print advertisements and television commercials (except it’s usually weight losses in those, not weight gains).

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Wow!! The weight gains across the board, if true, are humongous.

All done in only, what, five or six months since CGC’s hire?

True, or false? I’m really not sure what to believe. A lot of the players, including the linemen, certainly didn’t look any bigger in the spring game just last week.

Perhaps “before and after” photos of the players might help. You know, like what they do in print advertisements and television commercials (except it’s usually weight losses in those, not weight gains).
Ol
The new weights look real while the old weights look heavy. Last years ol guys when they were on the lean quick scheme. Defoor was 305 when he arrived and his dad said he was headed towards low 280s . Quinney seems to be a naturally thin person unlike defoor who is a just a big dude. Cooper and hansen ,who are both 6ft 2 max are still very "thick " ( how u describe a fat lady) - hopefully more muscled.

By fall the first ol will be tranformed so they can do a lean version of the "bear hug move to the side " blocking .

Many will cry during the first game.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
trainer - Bud light
stech81 rocking chair 6-0 265 … 275 … gained 10

54394511.jpg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Harvin looks like he cut back on the beer and late night fastfood. But hell, idc what his diet is, that man can absolutely boom a football.
U r right.
In binocs u could see a wrinkle in belly section of jersey! Not stretched like my shirts.

In spring pregame w slight tail wind - easy 75 yds. Really worth coming to pregame.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Ditto this, especially based on this tweet:

Excellent form on the lift. Problem = it's not a real clean. A clean is from the floor to your chest. But that can lead to injury if the weight falls the wrong way on your shoulders. This is how a lot of programs do it nowadays. But I'm old school on this.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
One other thing.

Normally, I would look carefully into the sanity of anybody who believed the weights and heights reported for college football players. They are famous for exaggeration. However, I think the gains reported above are accurate. Part of this is just natural growth (Tobias, I think). For the OLs, though, it is the change in offense. Paul wanted his OLs to be lean mean fighting machines. The spread option required that to do all the second level blocking and pulling needed. We had some big OLs - Shamire - but most of them were told to keep their weights in control. You could see this on the field; opposing OLs usually had severe cases of Dunlops disease compared to Tech's players. Now we have an offense that requires bigger OLs for pass blocking and less mobility for the blocking schemes. And that's what we got after a season in the weight room. Give them another off season and they'll be even bigger. Good effort by the players.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Interesting, the DL is a little on the smallish side. Imagine UGA and Clemson running at us
Yes. Losing Brandon was a major blow, to his family, all Tech fans, team spirit, and to the DL. I was so looking forward to seeing him play this season!

Still, DLs are usually smaller, sometimes by a good bit, then shotgun spread OLs. DLs need mobility; one or two big guys or guys who can generate leverage can be enough. We have those, I think; whether they'll be enough is TBA.