Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Saw his son got in a bit of trouble on the "Left Coast". Might he want to pack the family up and come back home? Next year, or in a couple of years?
Any thoughts?

75southjacket

Banned
I would agree he has peaked, however he has never had much of resources and still has put up some really good seasons. Idk about you but if he was able to do what he's done with the resources he had, wouldn't logic say he could do more with way more resources (like he's about to get, from what we are hearing) and an AD backing him?
Time will tell if he can. I personally feel like his offense is the teams Achilles's hill. I think everyone knows by now that I hate the option. I don't care what resources he has , he will never land a true Dual threat highly rated QB. Those are the players you need to beat the big 4 every other year. Before we start throwing out number 2-2 vs UGA, I just want some of you to take a long look and the passing attack in johnsons tenure. You have to be balanced. We just completed season 10 and the passing still looks like a middle school team . There is some major problems with player development in this program.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Maybe Paul should chip in part of his salary like Dabo did to get good coaches.

Or maybe we shouldn’t hire bone head ADs that can’t negotiate contracts and alienate donors. Dabo makes about 2.5 times what CPJ makes and isn’t the OC. I think we would be hard pressed to do better than CPJ especially given his current salary.

You can’t be Google if your pay like the Dollar Tree. It is as simple as that. Proven top tier talent costs money, and we can’t afford it, thus we don’t have it.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
When Paul Johnson retires, the first person GT needs to look at is Willie Fritz. He runs the option out of the gun. He mixes the spread with the option. I was very impressed with his team at Georgia Southern. They haven't done anything without him. This would allow us to have a smooth transition with the players on campus. A total and complete change of philosophies would result in a huge step backwards.

Time will tell if he can. I personally feel like his offense is the teams Achilles's hill. I think everyone knows by now that I hate the option. I don't care what resources he has , he will never land a true Dual threat highly rated QB. Those are the players you need to beat the big 4 every other year. Before we start throwing out number 2-2 vs UGA, I just want some of you to take a long look and the passing attack in johnsons tenure. You have to be balanced. We just completed season 10 and the passing still looks like a middle school team . There is some major problems with player development in this program.
According to one poster having a balanced attack is asinine. But what do I know. I option football should include a passing element. Options right.

75southjacket

Banned
I’d put a whole lot more stock in your opinion if you didn’t talk BS about “real football” and “gimmick crap”. Option football is real football, it’s just a different way of attacking a defense. The HUNH spread that’s currently en vogue was thought of as “gimmick crap” just a few years ago. Would you feel more comfortable with us running the same gimmick as everyone else?
I will make a wager with you that Johnson will not win the coastal again. We can get a lunch meal at the varsity. Now, some of you may think I am a " troll" for saying this but , with the product I see being produced , we don't stand a chance in hell. I confidently believe Johnson has peaked , and the AD knows it. I confidently believe Stansbury is not a option fan himself. His time is ticking. He's going on 60 years old. How much time does he really have ? I can't see Ga Tech investing all this money and time into him.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
According to one poster having a balanced attack is asinine. But what do I know. I option football should include a passing element. Options right.
So you can't read, either? I said you don't HAVE to. Teams win regularly skewing one way or the other in run/pass.

Reactions: Eli

75southjacket

Banned
You have to throw the ball to win consistently. A lot of posters on this board are guys in their late 60s and early 70s. They are stuck somewhere in time with modern age football. I will take any tech fan all day long but , this is a lot of tech stadium issues with the fan base. I don't know exactly the percentage but when I attended games , I notice a lot more older men (60-70s) than I do young generation (18-30). What is some of you all opinions on this ?

So you can't read, either? I said you don't HAVE to. Teams win regularly skewing one way or the other in run/pass.
Nobody has to do anything, but when the best of the best like having balance on offense I will trust them over you. No hard feelings, I just trust pros over a poster on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.