Roll Call Bowl Game.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
@TampaBuzz the I-75 construction from Val to Macon is finished! Three lanes both ways now.

The players' tickets are in Sec. 240, 241 from what I have been told. That's where I'll be, along with the Jordans and the twins' mom.
I am glad to hear that....will make my next trip to Atlanta that much easier!

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I just got two tickets for section 35, row P. Still haven't decided where I'm going to be staying yet. Not sure if I will use some of my hotel points or go to the red lion where there seems to be a fair number of Tech fans staying.

midga fan

Georgia Tech Fan
I will be there coming down from Macon. Coming down to Amelia Island with the family. They will hang out at Amelia and I will meet some others at the game.
Go Jackets!

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Question...should I go ahead and order parking or just wait till I get there and pay then?
DaddyBill, we had the same conversation at our house. We do any time we go to a big away game or a bowl. In the end, we did what we always do-- we went ahead and bought parking.

I know there will always be folks who will tell you it'll be easy to find. There will be plenty. But, it's also one headache we didn't want to deal with when we show up to have a good time. We want to drive up and know we can just park and step out.

Buzz4President

Georgia Tech Fan
DaddyBill, we had the same conversation at our house. We do any time we go to a big away game or a bowl. In the end, we did what we always do-- we went ahead and bought parking.

I know there will always be folks who will tell you it'll be easy to find. There will be plenty. But, it's also one headache we didn't want to deal with when we show up to have a good time. We want to drive up and know we can just park and step out.

Which lot are you in? We are having this discussion too.

Buzz4President

Georgia Tech Fan
For a couple of oddball reasons, availability being one of them, we bought parking in Lot P. It's not on our GT side of the stadium. But, it was the best of what we could get at the time.

Thank you. I had not looked at lot P. I have seen some talk about the tailgaters lot which I gather is a little further out.

For those of you staying at the Red Lion Hotel, or any other place south of the city, this from a friend who lives in Jacksonville --- "There are two major malfunction junction interstate projects and you get to traverse both of them. One is just south of downtown and the other is at 95 and the James Butler Expressway." The Red Lion Hotel is at the interchange of I-95 and the Butler Expressway. Things may not go as easily as hoped.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Mentioned in the media thread

On Friday, December 30
  • 11:30am - GT press conference with CPJ and team captains
  • 3:30pm - GT pep rally at Jacksonville Landing
  • 4:30-7:00pm - Official GT alumni and fan meet-up at River City Brewing Company
  • 7:00pm - Light Boat Parade
  • 9:00pm - Fireworks

Hoping to make it for the pep rally and fan meet-up. Looking forward to meeting others there!

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Mentioned in the media thread

On Friday, December 30
  • 11:30am - GT press conference with CPJ and team captains
  • 3:30pm - GT pep rally at Jacksonville Landing
  • 4:30-7:00pm - Official GT alumni and fan meet-up at River City Brewing Company
  • 7:00pm - Light Boat Parade
  • 9:00pm - Fireworks

Hoping to make it for the pep rally and fan meet-up. Looking forward to meeting others there!
We're aiming for Friday afternoon's activities as well. Looking forward to it.