Robert Carter to transfer

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I just hope he doesn't end up at Michigan some how. Even tho he is a great fit for Beline's system. Living here the last 15 years has made me hate them as much as Uga.

Peter Patsis

Georgia Tech Fan
I live and die GT. Live and die Cleveland Browns, live and die the NY Knicks. Being a Browns and Knicks fan really puts things in perspective when it comes to GT sports.

Chattjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Yea as a coach, the only thing he can hang his hat on is he was on IZZOs staff. Maybe his assistants developing Daniel Miller could be thrown in there too but thats IT. Theres no way a top recruit is coming to Tech if CBG is still running the show. Sad but true.

At this point I'm not sure I would credit him and the staff for Miller's development as much as I would natural progression and hard work on Daniel's part.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
At this point I'm not sure I would credit him and the staff for Miller's development as much as I would natural progression and hard work on Daniel's part.

But of course. This is the standard. Player doesn't improve over his time at Tech, it's all the coach's fault. Player improves each year of his career, it's all to the player's credit. I thought everyone knew that.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm really not thrilled with the coaching staff over Robert Carter leaving, as some might have noticed.

That said, while Daniel Miller definitely worked hard, his development is definitely a product of coaching. Without a doubt. Much more polished over the past 3 years and that's coaching.

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I for one am not going to miss Mr. Carter. His persona to me on and off the court seemed to be one of I don't give a damn about anything. He took way too many untimely three's. For his size he wasn't a dominant player in the paint. He couldn't jump very high. I truly believe they will be no worse without him. They were under 500 in the conference with him. He wasn't a difference maker. The big man in college basketball is not near the priority now as it used to be. We need shooter's and scorers. Carter was neither, his 11 pts and 8 boards game can be easily replaced.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Because Auburn, Maryland, and SC after sitting out a year put you in a better place to succeed? Call me a stuck up a-hole all you want but the way he left is wrong and I hope he fails wherever he goes. I understand transfers and wish the best for most people when they leave whether it be but this one is different. Most people leave due to coaching differences, playing time, your team REALLY sucks... I've had no issues with any of our past transfers recently but I don't like this one one bit.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I for one am not going to miss Mr. Carter. His persona to me on and off the court seemed to be one of I don't give a damn about anything. He took way too many untimely three's. For his size he wasn't a dominant player in the paint. He couldn't jump very high. I truly believe they will be no worse without him. They were under 500 in the conference with him. He wasn't a difference maker. The big man in college basketball is not near the priority now as it used to be. We need shooter's and scorers. Carter was neither, his 11 pts and 8 boards game can be easily replaced.

This is a pretty impressive display of sour grapes, considering he was our best player.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Not much info in that article.

True. Tells us what he thought of our ncaa chances.

This is just a real fishy situation. I'm through bashing the kid (he got me with the comment re. UGA). Good luck to him. Hastens us getting a new coach.