RIP Demaryius Thomas

DeepSnap

GT Athlete

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
I watched the GMA story this morning (8:15a ET). I found it interesting to hear that he had a noticeable change in behavior and personality. It makes you wonder how many other people we encounter that played sports and/or were hit in the head that may have had CTE.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
I watched the GMA story this morning (8:15a ET). I found it interesting to hear that he had a noticeable change in behavior and personality. It makes you wonder how many other people we encounter that played sports and/or were hit in the head that may have had CTE.
Same here as to watching the story this AM....

I have two former teammates (who shall remain nameless here) one of which we are pretty sure has CTE based on observable behaviors & changes. The other knows he has had some memory issues beyond those of just aging & based on his brain scans believes he too may have CTE. There are bound to be others that haven't surfaced, yet.

CTE isn't a cause of death, but is a silent killer nevertheless.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I have some friends who played in the NFL a few decades ago. They all say it is well known among former pro athletes that Herschel Walker has been declining with CTE for years and has gone through extreme personality changes.