Ricky Jeune's NFL Prospects

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'd love to be on the practice squad of an nfl team for 3 seasons even, that's a lot of money for little investment.

I'm old, slow, uncoordinated, avoid training as if it were the plague, like to freelance and thus showcase my skills outside the parameters of structured plays because who wants to be restricted in their art and have never responded well to coaching. Therefore, it would probably be safer and higher paying for me to participate in the illegal underground prescription pharmaceutical market than be on an NFL practice squad. But I would hate to never have the chance to wear a baseball cap and eat hot dogs on the sidelines and meet cheerleaders of the opposing team because league rules would prevent me from socializing with the local talent as far as I understand things.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
We digress. The only takeaway that matters here is the NFL loves Georgia Tech wide receivers. End of story. (What each guy does with his shot is irrelevant.)

Option-haters think recruits should go elsewhere because they claim our offense doesn’t prepare them for the pros. The fact that the one position minimized the most by the option consistently gets a shot anyway totally crushes that argument, and we should keep rubbing it in their faces regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
We digress. The only takeaway that matters here is the NFL loves Georgia Tech wide receivers. End of story. (What each guy does with his shot is irrelevant.)

Option-haters think recruits should go elsewhere because they claim our offense doesn’t prepare them for the pros. The fact that the one position minimized the most by the option consistently gets a shot anyway totally crushes that argument, and we should keep rubbing it in their faces regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dilly Dilly Sir!

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Little time compared to earnings outside of it. It's a hard amount of stress on the body but 3 years at league minmun sets you up for life as long as you keep working after and invest well.

Just fyi practice squad players don't get the NFL minimum. They get much less. I think it's between $100K-$110K so it's not bad at all but it's not $420,000.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Just fyi practice squad players don't get the NFL minimum. They get much less. I think it's between $100K-$110K so it's not bad at all but it's not $420,000.
Yeah its still real good money. My best buddy was on Dallas practice squad 2 years ago and was getting 10 grand a week.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
I've been saying consistently that Ricky Jeune has a legitimate shot to make an NFL roster. He is a smart player, has sure hands, high points the ball, extends his arms and catches it away from his body, and most importantly, he blocks extremely well (which may be the one attribute that will get him into and keep him in the NFL; without his blocking, he wouldn't be anywhere near as valuable). The one thing he doesn't have is elite speed, but neither did Anquan Boldin. I think Ricky can be a serviceable possession receiver

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I've been saying consistently that Ricky Jeune has a legitimate shot to make an NFL roster. He is a smart player, has sure hands, high points the ball, extends his arms and catches it away from his body, and most importantly, he blocks extremely well (which may be the one attribute that will get him into and keep him in the NFL; without his blocking, he wouldn't be anywhere near as valuable). The one thing he doesn't have is elite speed, but neither did Anquan Boldin. I think Ricky can be a serviceable possession receiver

He reminds me of Donald Driver. Someone will get a steal in the draft if they take him late.