Rhett Lashlee

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Can only reply to one at a time hoss.
Any coach who comes in and changes the entire offense is gonna have a few square pegs. The good ones figure out how to use them. See CPJ in '08. Yeah, he had a handful of NFL skill guys, but the bulk of the offensive two deep was 3 star and lower with a bunch of fish out of water guys, especially on the OL.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@nodawg. Godhigh would probably have been the feature tailback with sims or laskey at FB...zenon was not a starter so not sure how applicable but WR most likely. Just to answer your original question. To be precise though, 2nd starting aback would likely either be 2nd string tailback or WR.

Your premise is not at all sound IMO.

70Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Any coach who comes in and changes the entire offense is gonna have a few square pegs. The good ones figure out how to use them. See CPJ in '08. Yeah, he had a handful of NFL skill guys, but the bulk of the offensive two deep was 3 star and lower with a bunch of fish out of water guys, especially on the OL.

hahaha- I'd take those square pegs and fish over anything I've seen the past four years- especially the OL.

When Paul rips off ten wins this fall, goes to the ACCCG and destroys our opponent in a top flight bowl game, all this talk of a new coach will be moot.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Bringing Lashlee is an upgrade imo but he wouldn't come here.
Chad Morris would be worth looking at.
Phillip Montgomery
Pep Hamilton
Goose Godsey
Rob Casey
off the top of my head.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
If CPJ for whatever reason doesn't succeed... I could see CTR getting the job and then hiring Goose for OC.
Then promoting Mike Pelton to DC? CTR would make for a great face for the program, Goose has been garnering coaching experience around the NFL for the last decade, and Pelton has proved to be a great DL coach so far. I joked about this before, but it might be a fun experiment. Then again, I don't know enough about coaching to make any sort of judgement calls and it's a whole lotta risk.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If CPJ for whatever reason doesn't succeed... I could see CTR getting the job and then hiring Goose for OC.

I could see this. CTR would be economical route (not in terms of ability) since the AA would have a sizeable buyout for CPJ. OC for GT would be a step up from QB coach in the pros...though Goose is probably in line for the OC job eventually at Houston.

thwgjacket

Bringing Lashlee is an upgrade imo but he wouldn't come here.
Chad Morris would be worth looking at.
Phillip Montgomery
Pep Hamilton
Goose Godsey
Rob Casey
off the top of my head.
Chad Morris- Texas Tech said no thanks. Will know a lot more after this year without Watkins and Boyd. Read some articles that indicate their offense might take a big step back this year. Question about whether he can control his players since he had to call the cops on one of his QB's at the Spring Game.
Phillip Montgomery- Great offensive mind but doesn't want to be a head coach, he and the guy he coaches under have both said that Montgomery really just enjoys the behind the scenes aspect.
Pep Hamilton-no head coaching experience and I don't think he would come here. Has not coached an offense without this guy named Andrew Luck to lead it.
Goose Godsey- demoted from QB coach by UCF, will be helping O'Brian handle a dumpster fire with the Texans this year.
Rob Casey-No idea who this is and Google doesn't either.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Chad Morris- Texas Tech said no thanks. Will know a lot more after this year without Watkins and Boyd. Read some articles that indicate their offense might take a big step back this year. Question about whether he can control his players since he had to call the cops on one of his QB's at the Spring Game.
Phillip Montgomery- Great offensive mind but doesn't want to be a head coach, he and the guy he coaches under have both said that Montgomery really just enjoys the behind the scenes aspect.
Pep Hamilton-no head coaching experience and I don't think he would come here. Has not coached an offense without this guy named Andrew Luck to lead it.
Goose Godsey- demoted from QB coach by UCF, will be helping O'Brian handle a dumpster fire with the Texans this year.
Rob Casey-No idea who this is and Google doesn't either.

I could list a lot of negatives about CPJ too...

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Quick question for those who want a new coach: If CPJ replicates his success on a level between what he accomplished between 2008 and 2009 this season, are you still going to be wanting a new coach?