Rewatch

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I haven't seen Cottrell enough to know. I just heard reports from inside the program. I am so curious though. Absolutely. For me, the biggest thing with him is, just don't rush him back from injury. I know he has been cleared, but if he isn't winning a spot back, he is probably not showing a ton of confidence in his leg. At AB it is way more than just running in a straight line etc etc. You have to have your moving parts a "full go" to play to the position.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Boy, I'd like to see Cottrell get some more snaps this season too. I think he could make a great difference. I think the problem for him is that he has 5 right good ABs with game experience in front of him. Given the way Coach thinks, this is a difficulty. He'd much rather have a guy with game experience on the field then a guy with talent, even if that talent is a killer. Kirvonte Benson is in the same place; he's a yyuuge talent (sorry, was just listening to Trump) but he probably won't see the field this year since we have two prime BBs ahead of him.

Well, they pay Coach the big bucks to make these decisions. Hope he's making the right ones with Cottrell. If ever I saw a difference maker, it's him
I think Clinton Lynch is a difference maker at the same position. He averages 13 yards each time he carries the ball and 26 yards each time he catches it. The rest of the a-backs with meaningful number of touches are averaging just under 6 yards a carry.

I also would like to see NC but I think its tough to bring him in with this kind of production coming from the others.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
CL has held off the challengers, for sure. You have to give the kid credit. Nobody in their right mind would push him to the bench right now. You can criticize his blocking some, but he isn't really worse than the others, so.....you gotta keep the big plays rolling when he gets touches.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
In pregame 31 catches the wheel route pass while running very fast. Perhaps a called play into open space where his speed is more of a factor.