Revelations after 3 weeks

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
For what we run, we need to recruit in the top 15-5 range to reach Clemson level of success that I think many here are claiming this staff can achieve.

If you want to run what everyone else runs, you gotta get the best players to run it which means you have to have the best talent. That or have the best coaches to coach them up and well...

lol... i see what you did here.

Clemson is the absolute peak. We are trying to take the place of VT has been for the last decade and no you don’t need top 5 classes to be that

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
lol... i see what you did here.

Clemson is the absolute peak. We are trying to take the place of VT has been for the last decade and no you don’t need top 5 classes to be that
Are we listening to different pressers?

One could argue we were already there/ passed it.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
We’re trying to be perennial ACC Coastal winners and in the ACCCG. Clemson is teetering on a dynasty. You gotta crawl before you fly
So by what year will we be aiming for higher then where we were before the coaching change? What year will the nc contention be?

slugboy

Staff member
We could have top 20 classes and not get there. We could also have top 35 classes and have no problem getting to be a consistent top 25 team and often top 10-15 area with an occasional shot at something bigger.
Our skill position recruiting has been great.
OL recruiting is picking up (just gut feel there).
DL and linebacker are the areas we need to pick up.
Some of this will improve with years in the system.

Collins likes a disruptive defense. We’re not there yet. We should be seeing flashes of it this year, if not more.

What was the bill of goods?

Perennial top 25 and in the Top 10 competing
primetime games
Elite athletes and getting guys to NFL

Um don't care about the last one. 1% of college players get to the NFL and then only 10% of those make it. Should not be a measuring stick. Miami sands a lot of guys to the NFL...and how many ACCCG have they gone to?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Um don't care about the last one. 1% of college players get to the NFL and then only 10% of those make it. Should not be a measuring stick. Miami sands a lot of guys to the NFL...and how many ACCCG have they gone to?

You better care about the last one bc those are the guys who can will bank roll the GTAA/football program

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
Just sounds like a lot of old negative nannies.

Let’s see:
You can openly see progress all over the field offensively and defensively. Three freshman kickers having to iron out on special teams. True freshman starting at tailback, OLine, & qb. First time starters at Dline, cb, & LB on defense. An extremely young team.

Waves magic wand and wallah, poof, well oiled disciplined machine.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
What explanation is needed
I think the question is pretty clear. How do we recruit to the level required to be perennial top 25 occasional top 10 with acc and national championships. I see Clemson and fsu having done that in the acc and I see what their recruiting is like. And you agree from your post before that we cannot reach that level consistently so I think asking for an explanation is a valid question.