Revelations after 3 weeks

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
We may have beaten the worst team in the ACC in week One.
We probably are much closer to our preseason media forecast than any of us would like to think.
Our best DL lineman (when healthy) was a top 8-10 DL at Florida.
Even though our roster talent has jumped nearly 20 spots in 2 years, half of the programs that are ahead of us in talent reside in the ACC and SEC.
I have a better understanding of why Our starting QB has his job after watching the last 5 minutes of our game yesterday.
God bless our LB crew. It must be tough knowing where to go but your wheels can’t get you their quick enough.
I will know a lot more about our coaching staff after this season than I currently know. If we don’t eliminate
Turnovers and improve our kicking game this could look similar to the Bill Curry single victory season. The big difference would be that Alabama was a good team. I (along with others) just thought FSU was.
This is my 2 cents worth and going forward ( after my attitude adjustment)
I’m only hoping for weekly improvements in turnovers ,penalties and that our field goal kickers won’t drill our snapper in the ***.

GTFLETCH

Banned
We may have beaten the worst team in the ACC in week One.
We probably are much closer to our preseason media forecast than any of us would like to think.
Our best DL lineman (when healthy) was a top 8-10 DL at Florida.
Even though our roster talent has jumped nearly 20 spots in 2 years, half of the programs that are ahead of us in talent reside in the ACC and SEC.
I have a better understanding of why Our starting QB has his job after watching the last 5 minutes of our game yesterday.
God bless our LB crew. It must be tough knowing where to go but your wheels can’t get you their quick enough.
I will know a lot more about our coaching staff after this season than I currently know. If we don’t eliminate
Turnovers and improve our kicking game this could look similar to the Bill Curry single victory season. The big difference would be that Alabama was a good team. I (along with others) just thought FSU was.
This is my 2 cents worth and going forward ( after my attitude adjustment)
I’m only hoping for weekly improvements in turnovers ,penalties and that our field goal kickers won’t drill our snapper in the ***.
Plus our Coaching staff looks like they would be a better fit at a FCS program than a ACC program, still can't block for PAT/FG after week 1 promise by Coach Collins to fix it... Penalities, this past game looked more like the citadel loss than the FSU win... In game coaching adjustments are still very poor.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Plus our Coaching staff looks like they would be a better fit at a FCS program than a ACC program, still can't block for PAT/FG after week 1 promise by Coach Collins to fix it... Penalities, this past game looked more like the citadel loss than the FSU win... In game coaching adjustments are still very poor.
Not sure it was blocked the the kick was too low

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Having the bye now is good. The thing for me is seeing how the coaches adjust to where we are now. A good coach can fix these issues, and so far collins hasn't proven he can yet...
We have a better team than last year but coaching is what needs to be proven . I'm optimistic though

Scubapro

Banned
Well, Patenaude spent 20+ years at the the FCS level or lower. So that may explain the optics.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think probably two kicks were actually blocked. All the others are not making it much past helmet height. The kickers are flat terrible. Beyond terrible. They are line driving little chippies they should just be poppin up. Its beyond bad

last year we were not a highly penalized team. Statistically one of the better ones.

right now we are a penalty train wreck. Its a joke. Thats half of the staff. Half on the players. Kaleb oliver lining up over the line is pathetic. Take a half step back. It wont matter. Give yourself room.

the players to me are playing like they live in an alternative universe where they think they are all stars and they are a career .200 team. Its a bit sad.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m not throwing our coaching staff under the bus. My thoughts were all about adjusting (on the fly) how I feel concerning this season after 3 games. I mistakenly assumed that FSU was in the middle of the pack and that we could possibly win 5-6 games.
I could easily be wrong about my current evaluation of maybe winning 2-3 games.
My memory also reminds me that a lot of us felt Bobby Ross and his staff (that included Fridge and GO) we’re over matched after year two. I think we all liked years 3-5.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
We are all disappointed. Not just that we lost, but HOW we lost, and WHO beat us. Syracuse may not win another game (and same for us).

But in spite of the disappointments, I remember to keep telling myself that we are very early in only the second season of a significant transition. Changing the coaching staff in any sport is disruptive. And changing from the TO scheme was going to be even more of a challenge no matter when it happened.

Maybe I am too optimistic, but I see a lot of improvement over last year. After rewatching the UCF film, we looked pretty good at times (except for the fourth quarter). Some of the play yesterday was encouraging. The things we have to fix are glaringly obvious as everyone has noted. I intend to keep watching and attending the games, and keep looking for progress and improvement. We are a young team making fixable mistakes.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
This is what happens when a coach blows sunshine up your arse all day & all night.

I am afraid that this might be true, DCS, but honestly, I don't know (if you know for sure, please let us know) if the coaches are giving these guys the tough love in practice or not. I will say this - if 18-22 year olds do not get discipline, the play we saw yesterday will be normal. Do they need encouragement? Sure, but they also need some butt chewing.