Returning players for 2021-22

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Mods.. We gotta pin this tweet here until the next announcement of a guy staying or going. Also, really cool to pick up some news coverage in the break between NCAA Games.. Give ESPN something to talk about.
Also.. any one think the OnLy time will tell is for OneLast time? Let's GO!!!!

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
IMO with what Mike said he is likely to be back next year. With Devoe and Usher to go with what else we have both returning and adding, we are already in a good position to return to the NCAAT which would be huge for continuing momentum as a program. Those two along with either Bubba or Kyle running at the point and either Moore with an improved jumper or Coleman coming in is a very nice core. Also, with Usher back it gives us a situation where we would really only need one of the young bigs to step up significantly even if Moses is gone. Key will be to avoid the bad losses in the OOC that brought down this year's team, but even if the team takes a step back, in terms of resume that is an area that can really be improved on regardless.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Usher!!! This dude is the x factor. Can't wait to see him throw one down in a packed McCamish. I'll be the old dude in the fans losing my **** like it was Ish throwing down a windmill against UNC in 2004. Let's do this!!

The amazing thing about this senior class is that they all bring something different. Usher's skillset is definitely unique and glad to have him back.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Dang...what a nice early Easter present for GT fans. Obviously I want all our guys back because it's a special group, but I thought Usher had the most to gain by coming back. Here we are.

You heard it here first: Usher will be All ACC next season, and it will be his coming out party the same way this year was Moses's. Not saying Usher will win ACC POY like Moses did this season, but he's going to be a household name. He has the above the rim and attacking game that will make him a star. The last half of the this season for Usher was similar to the progress and development Moses had the last half of Moses's JR season. What Usher can do on the offense end is tailor made for today's social media generation...oh, plus he has the personality off the court as well. On top of that, his defensive highlights are pretty damn impressive.

Man, the season just ended and I already can't wait for the next season to start!

Just to remind everyone:

Last edited:

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
It's going to be real hard for anyone to top the dunk against FSU that Usher had in terms of coolness factor. Not just because of when it happened or the dunk itself, but because of the bench jumping with him. Like that is on the level of Ish jumping over Atsur in terms of an iconic dunk, at least for me.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It's going to be real hard for anyone to top the dunk against FSU that Usher had in terms of coolness factor. Not just because of when it happened or the dunk itself, but because of the bench jumping with him. Like that is on the level of Ish jumping over Atsur in terms of an iconic dunk, at least for me.

I've watched that cip countless times, but I just noticed Devoes reaction. Devoe knew Usher was about to go full Twitter highlight famous as soon as he dribbled by the first defender at the 3pt line. What a moment.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm very happy for Usher, and of course selfishly for us fans. I think he has grown so much on the court in the last 2 years and I hope he continues to grow as his upside is tremendous if he keeps putting in the work. He also hopefully gets to spend a 'normal' senior year in college with friends and has another year of schooling from GT.

Mr. Usher I couldn't be happier for your son and your family.

RussianOffense

Georgia Tech Fan
I've watched that cip countless times, but I just noticed Devoes reaction. Devoe knew Usher was about to go full Twitter highlight famous as soon as he dribbled by the first defender at the 3pt line. What a moment.
Sorry to burst your bubble but I think Devoe was just signaling he was open in case Usher wanted to kick it out. Usher had other plans.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Love this news! He’s going to be a top star in the ACC next year. Such a smart decision. Think the guys have some unfinished business...something like a national championship run 🤔

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Sorry to burst your bubble but I think Devoe was just signaling he was open in case Usher wanted to kick it out. Usher had other plans.

I think you're both right. I think Devoe started the way you are suggesting and then basically thought to himself "why am I even bothering. I know how this ends." once Ush started to the rim.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
This is what was going on for sure. The bad thing about the game only on TV and not in person is you don't normally get to see things like that due to camera angles, etc.