remaining wins....

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Watching GT football will make you want to get drunk. I can't believe I actually watched it until the end. Painful.
I couldn’t stop because I kinda felt like I needed to see a team actually score 80 plus points in a game in person. I’ve never seen a team be that unstoppable in a game. If we didn’t get a couple takeaways, they might have hit 90 on us.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
And I stayed in the stands until the end. Had my son with me and he always stays until the end.

Still amazed that Dabo so shamefully ran the score up.

I am not, Clemson needs to stay number 1 especially with most schools playing no OOC and the only way they can do that is by beatign everyone by as many points as possible your can bet the SEC narrative could keep an undefeated clemson ranked like 4.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Too many folks on here have given up already.

i was unhappy with Saturday’s results also. I was more unhappy with a few things I see as patterns. But I am not ready to give up on this team yet.

i will wait until the end of this season to make my evaluation of the coaching staff and things like whether Sims can throw the deep ball effectively.

Deleted member 2897

Boston College is absolutely a winnable game. They barely beat Texas State (who?). They beat Pitt because Pitt missed an XP in overtime LOL. They beat 1-5 Duke. That’s it. Here is what they’ve scored this year: 26, 24, 22, 23, 14. We play a relatively clean game and this will be a game in the 4th quarter that we can win.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
People take too much away from one game against Clemson.

Clemson scored 77 on us in 17 drives or about 4.53 points per drive. A complete whipping no doubt. But it isn't some unheard of mark. For instance....

Against UVA -4.1
Last year against BC - 4.54
Against NCU - 4.58
Against UVA - 5.64

Now UVA this year and NCSU last year is/was bad, but BC was a bowl team and UVA last year won the coastal. We could have sat on the ball and just played to kill the clock and the score would be slightly less of a blowout but that wouldn't make the performance any better nor would it mean anything significant.

So moving on to the rest of the season. I'd say we have a good chance to win BC, Pitt, NCSU, or Duke if we can limit turnovers. ND or Miami would be hard to upset but not impossible if we catch them on a bad day. The bye week after the ND game will be important for us to finish strong.

Scubapro

Banned
Boston College is absolutely a winnable game. They barely beat Texas State (who?). They beat Pitt because Pitt missed an XP in overtime LOL. They beat 1-5 Duke. That’s it. Here is what they’ve scored this year: 26, 24, 22, 23, 14. We play a relatively clean game and this will be a game in the 4th quarter that we can win.
If I was BC I would be saying the same about us.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
The thing that is troubling me is that the only 2 games we have won are against first year coaches , AND we had extra time to prepare. The others we have looked unprepared and even confused at times, IMO. We will see if getting embarrased on National TV gets everyone's attention. I stiil can't believe there were posters seriously thinking we would actually win last week. What were they smoking ?

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
The thing that is troubling me is that the only 2 games we have won are against first year coaches , AND we had extra time to prepare. The others we have looked unprepared and even confused at times, IMO. We will see if getting embarrased on National TV gets everyone's attention. I stiil can't believe there were posters seriously thinking we would actually win last week. What were they smoking ?
Satterfield is in his 2nd year at Louisville.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
We can win against BC, Pitt, Duke, and NC State if we play like we did in second half of the Louisville game. However, our team is young and I have little faith in our staff that they will get our guys to play at their max potential in all 4 of those games. Things go well we win 3 of 4 and finish 5-5 for the season. Things go average we split 2-2 and finish 4-6. We play like we did last week and we go 1-3 and finish 3-7. No way in hell we beat Miami or ND.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
We can win against BC, Pitt, Duke, and NC State if we play like we did in second half of the Louisville game. However, our team is young and I have little faith in our staff that they will get our guys to play at their max potential in all 4 of those games. Things go well we win 3 of 4 and finish 5-5 for the season. Things go average we split 2-2 and finish 4-6. We play like we did last week and we go 1-3 and finish 3-7. No way in hell we beat Miami or ND.

You're missing one somewhere as there are 11 games. I think our downside is 4-7 and best case is 6-5.