remaining wins....

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Of all the teams left I'd love to beat Miami. It would be nice to beat Clempson, and we'd all lose our freaking minds, but the national press would say 'fluke' not 'wow, GT is getting it together!' So for the program a Miami or ND win is best, and of the two nothing would warm my heart more than beating Miami (now that the Dogs chickened out of playing us.)
Beating Duh U is great, but beating ND is special, almost as good as beating the dwags

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
If we play offensively like we did against Louisville I think we can beat any of the remaining teams on our schedule, issue is defense. We need turnovers. I think if our defense steps up and our offense stays the same and improves we have a good chance of beating every team on our schedule, with the exception being Clemson who would take a miracle.

I am not sold on Miami or Notre Dame. Miami got clobbered by Clemson and let Louisville score 34 points on them (we actually beat Louisville by more than Miami did.) And Notre Dame was struggling with FSU until the 4th quarter at home. So I would not be shocked if we upset Notre Dame and/or Miami if we keep playing the way we did Friday.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The reality is somewhere in between. We are going to lose to Clemson. We will probably find a way to win one of Miami or ND. We will lose 1-2 of Duke, BC, NC State, Pitt. 5-6 or 6-5 is where I think we land. Losing to Syracuse hurt...

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If we play offensively like we did against Louisville I think we can beat any of the remaining teams on our schedule, issue is defense. We need turnovers. I think if our defense steps up and our offense stays the same and improves we have a good chance of beating every team on our schedule, with the exception being Clemson who would take a miracle.

I am not sold on Miami or Notre Dame. Miami got clobbered by Clemson and let Louisville score 34 points on them (we actually beat Louisville by more than Miami did.) And Notre Dame was struggling with FSU until the 4th quarter at home. So I would not be shocked if we upset Notre Dame and/or Miami if we keep playing the way we did Friday.
I’d add UCF as well. We were really good offensively vs Louisville but minus the turnovers, I thought we played well offensively vs UCF too. If we can keep the Clemson score similar to UCF and mind the ball the way we have in every game, without giving it away, I’ll be happy on Saturday.
As far as beating ND and Miami, I think we can get one of them. Miami is at VT before us and ND is at Pitt. Two physical teams before facing us and ND could be looking ahead to Clemson too.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Somewhere between 3-8 and 5-6, with 4-7 probably most likely. I just want us to be competitive in all games, except maybe Clemson, and keep improving.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I wish I was as optimistic as many of you are. We have played 2 quarters of ( very) good football against a questionable defense and a first year coach.
I don't think we are " there " yet. IMO, we have a better than 50% shot at beating both Dook and BC. The home field gives us some advantage with both. Think we have
about a 40% shot with Pitt, UM and NCSU. We have about a 20% chance with ND and 5% chance with CU. I think we will beat either BC or Dook, but disappoint against the other. And win one we we "shouldn't".....NCSU ? That gets us to 4 wins for the season. Better days are coming , let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
A lot of it depends on injuries and how our team continues to develop (as well as injuries for other teams and how they develop). COVID is a huge wildcard as well.

I wouldn't be shocked to take down Notre Dame at Home or Miami on the road, but likely those plus Clemson are losses. Pitt, NCSU, and BC look to be tough but winnable games. Duke under Cutcliff is the kind of team that could build off beating Syracuse in the Carrier Dome and become a tough opponent by the time we play them.

If our lines stay healthy we have a good chance of winning 2 or 3 more. We are thin though, so we shall see. Lots of wildcards this year due to depth, being talented yet young, and COVID. Just gotta keep recruiting, developing, and trusting the process.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Aside from Clemson, I think every other game on our schedule depends on QB and LB/DB play. I think our OL & DL play has been pretty solid this year.

Even with small DTs and some guys banged up - I thought our DL did a decent job setting the edge, penetrating the backfield, and pressuring the QB. The OL has run blocked well - especially when we aren’t running 10 or 11 personnel against 8-9 guys in the box. The pass blocking is generally ok. We are moving the ball.

Between Our all-American punter and offense that consistently moves the ball (450+ yards per game), we aren’t exactly putting our defense in horrible field position

What’s killed us is the turnovers (Which I’m willing to tolerate from a talented true freshman QB) and poor awareness / positioning by veteran LBs and DBs (something I find more troubling).

We aren’t going to win very many games committing 5+ turnovers per game. But I would expected that a 2-3 turnover game with good field positioning is enough for a veteran group of LBs / DBs to manage against Duke / NCSU / Pitt / BC.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Impossible to know. Clemson is a no way. Notre Dame and Miami will vastly out talent us, but are not beyond the realm of upset as they are not on Clemson's level. Pitt, BC, Duke and NCSU are all as up and down as us right now. Really depends on their injuries/our injuries and when we catch them. I think we could not play any better and go 4-7. If we continue to improve, 6-5.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
A lot of it depends on injuries and how our team continues to develop (as well as injuries for other teams and how they develop). COVID is a huge wildcard as well.

I wouldn't be shocked to take down Notre Dame at Home or Miami on the road, but likely those plus Clemson are losses. Pitt, NCSU, and BC look to be tough but winnable games. Duke under Cutcliff is the kind of team that could build off beating Syracuse in the Carrier Dome and become a tough opponent by the time we play them.

If our lines stay healthy we have a good chance of winning 2 or 3 more. We are thin though, so we shall see. Lots of wildcards this year due to depth, being talented yet young, and COVID. Just gotta keep recruiting, developing, and trusting the process.
Duke was having more turnovers than us. They had some against Cuse but still won. They will be tough to beat if they fix the turnovers like we did last game. I expect us to have some against Clemson just because of their speed and defensive pressure. We will probably have trouble running on them and then forces us to pass.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
so of our remaining games which ones do we win and why?

Before the season, I thought we would win 4...I see no reason to change it. NC State looks to be improved over last year. I do not see us beating Clemson, Notre Dame, or Miami. We might win any two of Duke, NC State, Pitt, and BC Could just as easily lose all four of them as well.
so of our remaining games which ones do we win and why?

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Before the season, I thought we would win 4...I see no reason to change it. NC State looks to be improved over last year. I do not see us beating Clemson, Notre Dame, or Miami. We might win any two of Duke, NC State, Pitt, and BC Could just as easily lose all four of them as well.
We definitely upset ND or Miami. I am thinking ND because Miami won't take us lightly like last year, and ND plays Clemson right after us so they will be overlooking us. Not to mention they struggled at home against FSU up until the 4th quarter.