remaining wins....

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Better than year 1. `
In some areas, IMO. I believe the players as a whole are executing better. I am not real pleased with the coaching aspect at times, though. Clock management , play selection, defensive scheme, special teams, etc., do not seem to have improved as much as I had hoped. That is why I feel we have done better against the 2 teams who have, and are, undergoing changes, and not nearly so well against established teams. The Syracuse loss was particularly telling, IMO. I thought we would lose to CU, but I cannot understang why we did not run off more time before snapping the ball. And , besides Harvin, our STs have been mediocre , at best.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Are you trolling your own team?
I am trying to understand why we have not progressed as much , particularly in the coaching/preparedness aspect of the game , as I thought we would. STs , clock management, consistently having WRs getting behind our DBs for long gains ( Syracuse and CU ). I thought that would be a strength with our talent AND Collins coaching.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I am trying to understand why we have not progressed as much , particularly in the coaching/preparedness aspect of the game , as I thought we would. STs , clock management, consistently having WRs getting behind our DBs for long gains ( Syracuse and CU ). I thought that would be a strength with our talent AND Collins coaching.
I am not sure we are as talented as we thought in the secondary, especially at safety. In addition, we need to have better eye discipline. Too many times we get caught looking in the backfield and the wr just runs by us.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I am not sure we are as talented as we thought in the secondary, especially at safety. In addition, we need to have better eye discipline. Too many times we get caught looking in the backfield and the wr just runs by us.
I wonder if pressure packages for blitzing has somewhat to do with poor secondary play. I've noticed our sack and TFL's are up this year. I have not looked into this, just wondering.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Agreed with the eye discipline. But these are not inexperienced players, for the most part. Perhaps the DBs don't have enough confidence that the DLs/LBs can make the initial contact. They may have a point.......

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think our safeties are fast at closing but may have outgrown the ability to make quick changes in direction. They could easily play linebacker. These kids only need a yard or two of separation to complete long throws these days.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I think our DBs have gotten burned a couple times worrying too much about trying to cover for others. That's not entirely the case, but there have been several times it's looked like a DB got caught trying to cheat a little to help in some other area.

SarasotaJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I am not, Clemson needs to stay number 1 especially with most schools playing no OOC and the only way they can do that is by beatign everyone by as many points as possible your can bet the SEC narrative could keep an undefeated clemson ranked like 4.
Well they sure didn't do that against the other 4 opponents this year. Heck, they only scored 49 against Citadel at home and Trevor Lawrence didn't play in the 2nd half of that game.

SarasotaJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I just don't feel good about BC on the road. For some reason, I do feel better about ND at home. They are way overrated @#3. I'm not saying they stink, but they don't look that great, especially not a top 15 team. I could see the upset. I think Miami wipes their butt with us. Duke and NCSU are the best win possibilities and Pitt is a 50/50 game, imo.

But if Coach Burton doesn't get our safeties in the correct alignments soon, we might not win anymore games.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
We also have a decent chance to lose every game we play from here on out.
You can choose to focus on the negative, if you like. As a fan, I choose to focus on our positive chances. As a fan, I don't have to be realistic or pragmatic. The great thing about being a fan is that I don't have dwell on negative things.

As a fan of GT, why would you even type such a comment? I don't understand why anyone who supports a program would in any way try to check the enthusiasm another fan has about potential outcomes, especially when that enthusiasm is not based on idealism or unrealistic expectations.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
You can choose to focus on the negative, if you like. As a fan, I choose to focus on our positive chances. As a fan, I don't have to be realistic or pragmatic. The great thing about being a fan is that I don't have dwell on negative things.

As a fan of GT, why would you even type such a comment? I don't understand why anyone who supports a program would in any way try to check the enthusiasm another fan has about potential outcomes, especially when that enthusiasm is not based on idealism or unrealistic expectations.
In fairness, shouldn't you be also going after posters claiming the current record is exactly where they expect our team to be and ending the year between 4 and 6 wins?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Well they sure didn't do that against the other 4 opponents this year. Heck, they only scored 49 against Citadel at home and Trevor Lawrence didn't play in the 2nd half of that game.

A citadel drive going 3 and out eats 1:20 to 2 minutes of clock, every first down extends that by 2 minutes roughly. There were less possible possessions. Citadel at 34 minutes time of possession to clemson's 23. by comparison clemson had 34 against us. We were both not scoring and not chewing clock. That leads to the more lopsided score.

Add in that Citadel seemed to have actually covered their receivers in the second half. And Yes Dabo is not going to beat up on an FCS military academy.
It is what it is.

A citadel drive going 3 and out eats 1:20 to 2 minutes of clock, every first down extends that by 2 minutes roughly. There were less possible possessions. Citadel at 34 minutes time of possession to clemson's 23. by comparison clemson had 34 against us. We were both not scoring and not chewing clock. That leads to the more lopsided score.

Add in that Citadel seemed to have actually covered their receivers in the second half. And Yes Dabo is not going to beat up on an FCS military academy.
It is what it is.
So Clemson had 20 possessions and scored on 11 of them. Kind of how I figured it could go. Why would we try to run a hurry up offense. It is not like we were going to wear Clemson's three deep defense down. Maybe CPJ had it right when limiting possessions. Key haters in 3....2....1