Regarding our young guys...

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yep. I'm pretty sure the next QB will be Jordan.

He has all the tools, if Coach is to be believed, he's brimming with confidence, and he's got the experience. I said when I saw his high school films that he looked like another Kaipo. I'm still of that opinion.

But that's what they have spring practice for, I guess. Hope we don't have to worry about who'll replace JT for another year and a half.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Here are the All-ACC, NFL type players I think. Just based off of this year so others may develop.

Will Bryan: Kid is nasty and I love him on the OL.

Mitchell: Wow what great heady LB, reminds me of brooking

AJ Gray: loved this guy since high school, and was dumbfounded how he was rated so low. He was a 5 star talent coming out of high school and is holding his own as a true freshman.

Marshall: Kid is going to set all kinds of records at the Bback position before his time is over. He a stud.

all of these are good answers. However, I am keenly interested in which specific player ( as opposed to group of). As hard as that is to pick,Mitchell is the one to me who looks like least a true FR at his position. Both in terms of size and execution, he looks like a guy who has been here awhile. Maybe the last true FR that has been as (or more ) ready to play has been a receiver we had awhile back named Johnson from Sandy Creek.

(another disclaimer: I am not saying that Mr. Mitchell will become what CJ has become. Just saying that he has been the most ready to play FR since CJ. just an opinion. YMMV)

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
all of these are good answers. However, I am keenly interested in which specific player ( as opposed to group of). As hard as that is to pick,Mitchell is the one to me who looks like least a true FR at his position. Both in terms of size and execution, he looks like a guy who has been here awhile. Maybe the last true FR that has been as (or more ) ready to play has been a receiver we had awhile back named Johnson from Sandy Creek.

(another disclaimer: I am not saying that Mr. Mitchell will become what CJ has become. Just saying that he has been the most ready to play FR since CJ. just an opinion. YMMV)

If that is the case, I would say, Mitchell, Gray and Marshall. They all seem to be playing well beyond their years.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I imagine this year will mean a lot for MJ. He will have now gotten second team reps all season in practice. That, I'm sure, will develop him more than previous years.
Totally agree, plus he's running our offense rather than a scout team offense.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Yep. I'm pretty sure the next QB will be Jordan.

He has all the tools, if Coach is to be believed, he's brimming with confidence, and he's got the experience. I said when I saw his high school films that he looked like another Kaipo. I'm still of that opinion.

But that's what they have spring practice for, I guess. Hope we don't have to worry about who'll replace JT for another year and a half.
I agree or at least haven't written the guy off just because he hasn't passed JT (or TB before his injury) on the depth chart. I just don't get how so many have written him off already. smh.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
who knows at some point that may be Jaylend Ratliffe arriving in Jan
heck - yea , why not =
Please que the "Chariots of Fire Music"!

This guy was the one of our first recruits and got the class of to a great start.
You got to have hope = but for sure would tell him
DO WHAT IS BEST FOR JRAT - you will always be a tech man

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I have to give credit to MLD, he is a lot better athlete than I had anticipated. I think that he is in the right position at AB. He is a little bigger than we are use too at AB but I think that is a sign of our success at recruiting. We can get small fast guys at AB but we're starting to get bigger fast guys for the position now.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I have to give credit to MLD, he is a lot better athlete than I had anticipated. I think that he is in the right position at AB. He is a little bigger than we are use too at AB but I think that is a sign of our success at recruiting. We can get small fast guys at AB but we're starting to get bigger fast guys for the position now.

Yes. MLD is a good runner, very good receiver, and once he learns the finer points of blocking and blocking timing he should measure up well to a 2014 Perkins.