Regarding our young guys...

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
we have some really impressive youngsters getting playing time...MM, AJ Gray, WB, BS, MLD,etc. However there is one that jumps out at me as being a potential "all timer" here on the flats. That is the Mitchell kid at LB. we have a history of great LB's here at GT...but this kid looks like he may end up in the Ted Roof/Lucious Sanford category when all is said and done. All of them look good (given their experience). But if you had to pick just one to say this guy will be one of the best ever to wear the W & G at his position, who would you pick? I have cast my vote. (Disclaimer: not trying to disparage anyone, just like to have some fun prognosticating and/or pontificating).

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
It's a tie for me on D between Mitchell and Gray. Really like both of their games. I think Mitchell has a surprisingly sound grasp of scheme and assignments for a frosh.

Got to see him play in high school so I wasn't shocked at what he's brought from a physical standpoint but was a little surprised about how quickly he's picked schemes until I remembered where he went to high school. His drop and pick against Clempson was a thing for beauty. Expect to see more of that from him.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
GT had a great run of LBs under O'Leary and Gailey. I mean, you could put the that LB group against any college's group of LBs and we'd be up there.

Hopefully Mitchell, Vic Alexander, Tyler Cooksey, et al will bring that kind of LB play back to the Flats.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I was thinking about this earlier today. We have been far from impressive this year, but I get excited when I think about how we have been in every game but the Clemson game. When you think of all the injuries, and freshman or just young guys in general it really shows that our depth is getting better than years past. It also shows how many good of football players we have on this team that are very young. When I spoke to moore he said this team is going to be very good over the next years. I know we have always been an up and down program, but it seems we might be turning the corner to become a team that's winning consistently 9 and 10 games a season, and no I'm not saying we are "there" or it's going to happen 100% for the ones who always have some negative thing to say.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
All true...and that possibility is higher than it has been since O'leary left for Notre Dame. And might be higher than then, that's arguable. But we are positioned to continue to compete for championships and major bowls IMO.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Agree there's some nice young talent. We've had good luck with our 3* Gatorade Players of the Year.

Plus you've got guys like Lynch, Searcy, and the Austin twins starting to assert themselves.

On the OL Klock, Bryant, & Shamire are looking good.

We could have some interesting years ahead of us.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
D line play next year will likely determine how high we can fly next year. We could lose our best guy, Gotsis, and still conceivably have a better D line overall next year. Of course I said the same thing about our Oline post Shaq and that certainly didn't play out.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Here are the All-ACC, NFL type players I think. Just based off of this year so others may develop.

Will Bryan: Kid is nasty and I love him on the OL.

Mitchell: Wow what great heady LB, reminds me of brooking

AJ Gray: loved this guy since high school, and was dumbfounded how he was rated so low. He was a 5 star talent coming out of high school and is holding his own as a true freshman.

Marshall: Kid is going to set all kinds of records at the Bback position before his time is over. He a stud.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Marshall: Kid is going to set all kinds of records at the Bback position before his time is over. He a stud.
You can sense how close he is to breaking one every time he touches the ball - there are a few carries where he gets gang tackled but on any play where there is just one guy, he is inches away. He's young - next year, one guy won't be enough.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Brad Stewart- Who else?

We have a bunch of young talent, but you win on the LOS. I would love to get a DL like Clemson has every year.