Recent Baseball News....

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Do JUCO class credits transfer to Tech? I was of the understanding that they don't. If anyone knows the answer to this, I am curious to know. Don't think any of them will ever set foot on campus.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Do JUCO class credits transfer to Tech? I was of the understanding that they don't. If anyone knows the answer to this, I am curious to know. Don't think any of them will ever set foot on campus.
Depends upon the class. Ex. English Literature probably does, however a chemistry class without a lab wouldn't.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I wasn't sure where to put this but I was listening to the Baseball America podcast on the 2018 draft. One thing they mentioned is that Georgia HS pitchers have had a bad track record at all levels for ~15 years after they get out of high school. It makes me wonder what these kids are being put through before they even get here. And as I've said it makes me wonder whether Georgia HS baseball talent is just plain overrated.

Food for thought.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
GHSA changed the rules in 2016 on how many innings pitchers can throw. There now is a 110 pitch count limit w 3days rest required if more than 86 pitches are thrown in a day and two day rest required for 61-85 pitches. Previous rule was no more than 10 innings per day w no more than 14 innings in 4 consecutive calendar days.

That said, my gut feeling is its not HS ball that is causing the problem. I feel like it's either a) too much too soon or b) year round travel/HS ball or some combo of both. Of course, that exists outside of GA, but in locations with less hospitable climates, it's sort of self correcting.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
GHSA changed the rules in 2016 on how many innings pitchers can throw. There now is a 110 pitch count limit w 3days rest required if more than 86 pitches are thrown in a day and two day rest required for 61-85 pitches. Previous rule was no more than 10 innings per day w no more than 14 innings in 4 consecutive calendar days.

That said, my gut feeling is its not HS ball that is causing the problem. I feel like it's either a) too much too soon or b) year round travel/HS ball or some combo of both. Of course, that exists outside of GA, but in locations with less hospitable climates, it's sort of self correcting.

Agreed. Right when I say HS pitchers I'm referring to the age group. I think the issues come from more than the just HS play and coaching. It's probably all of it.