Rate the best GT FB player...

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Since nobody has mentioned them:

John Sias: One of the best WRs in Tech history. Big, fast, and extremely sure hands.

Larry Good: For a long time the Tech leader in passing, but what was great about him was his running ability. They didn't call it the "Camilla Shuffle" for nothing; no Tech QB was ever as shifty. He would have absolutely ruled in our present O.

Steve Raible: Another great WR. Big, fast, and had a good pro career.

Gerry (sorry, Gerald) Bussell: One of our best DBs ever. Coach Dodd always corrected the news media on his first name; Bussell preferred Gerald.

And, yes, Tony Hollings would have won the Heisman if he hadn't got hurt and Tech would have won 11 games at least. I particularly remember seeing him turn the corner against Clemson in our game up there. There were three Tiggers converging on him and just a little crease ahead. Tony slipped. He was cussing all the way back to the huddle; if he had kept his feet it would have been a sure TD. As I said here once, the only back I've seen who was in the same universe was O. J. Simpson. Tony was the same size, just as cute, accelerated just as quickly, and might have been a half step faster. I've always regretted that a) it took Chan to recognize his talent (what was George O'Leary thinking?) and b) that he had his career ended by injury.

My apologies to Mr. Bussell. A fine defensive back from the early 1960s. He did prefer to be called "Gerald".

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Of course I have to say this... Bill Eastman!
He was a defensive back for Georgia Tech, had 12 interceptions, 99 yard interception return, 86 yard punt return in 65 against Navy (that I witnessed). He even stepped in as QB on offense in 67. Also a two-time Academic All-American making dean's list every semester in biology. (Just like me except for the academics and football part.)

Rick Lantz, right tackle. Watched him at Jenkins High in Savannah and at Tech where he was an All-American.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone mention Jimmy Robinson? Sure handed like Sias but a slippery little guy, like the kind that the Patriots always seem to end up with at slot receiver.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Where would I find archival film of Lenny Snow? He was the player that converted me into being a Tech fan when I was a kid. My memories of him have almost become bigger than life.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
who (whom?) you have rarely (if ever) seen mentioned on the various GT FB boards over the many years since Al Gore invented this internet thing. We all love to talk about Calvin and Lil'Joe and Scooter Mays and Lucius and Kent Hill and ELI and the Refrigerator Mover (et al.) but just for the heck of it, who is the best player(s) that you rarely (if ever) see mentioned as we reflect on the history of great Yellow Jacket players?

here's a couple just off the top of my head: Reggie Wilkes, Ben Utt and David Lutz (all had pretty solid NFL careers as 1 basis for measurement) but seem to be overlooked when we talk about former Gt greats. Joe Siffri was an outstanding OL for Coach Ross and was a key part of the NC team iirc. Don't think he went pro. In the secondary, Cleve Pounds was a very good safety. Others that you can think of? There's certainly been quite a few. Just trying to kill some time now that spring ball is over.
Keith Brooking and Ted Roof

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Here are the 1967 GT highlights and i believe Lenny Snow is seen on these highlights

Thank you. Enjoyed watching this. 1967 was a disappointing year. Both Kim King and Lenny Snow were hurt much of the year. I seem to recall that Snow's career ended in the first half against Miami with a broken leg.

1966 was the year I remember as being magical for Snow. It began the previous season when Tech played Texas Tech in the Gator Bowl. It was that game that made me a fan and the following season (1966) was the one that enthralled me so completely that I became a life long fan.