Random question. What is the loudest you've heard Bobby Dodd Stadium or The Thrillerdome in person? I'll start.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
2006 Notre Dame Game
2009 VA Tech Game

Every game I went to as a middle schooler seemed like the loudest game.

To be honest though, the loudest game I've been to recently at BDS has been the Atlanta United games when they played out of our stadium the first year. I'm hoping GT gets back to that level soon because my favorite games as an adult has been night games at the BDS with the entire city of Atlanta lit up in the background. NOTHING in my adult sports experience beats a GT win at BDS at night.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Hoops: Dennis "Great" Scott's three to beat unc! I thought the Thrillerdome would cave in! Football: '92 vs F$U. Loudest sustained crowd noise I have ever heard at BDS. Place was rockin' for three and a half quarters. That game still gets to me thirty years later! Damn!

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Hoops: Dennis "Great" Scott's three to beat unc! I thought the Thrillerdome would cave in! Football: '92 vs F$U. Loudest sustained crowd noise I have ever heard at BDS. Place was rockin' for three and a half quarters. That game still gets to me thirty years later! Damn!
Bill Lewis.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
09 vs VT.

It was homecoming vs top 5 ranked VT. One of the best live sports game I've ever seen in person.
That was gonna be my pick too. I remember I made my mom stay and watch with me as I watched the students all collectively jumping on the FG post. She was ready to go and said she was leaving me, and as she turned around they finally collapsed the FG.

What a great night

JacketMicMan

Georgia Tech Fan
Could not have said it better. The FSU game started with Deion showing up and the Chop occurring getting ready for the Braves playoff game that night. Bobby Dodd was Rockin

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
1962 versus Bama. Tech wins 7 - 6.

That game was almost off the scale of human rage. This was a year after the infamous "Chick Graning Incident" and the entire stadium was filled to the brink with Tech fans looking for revenge. (Those not familiar with the background here can see: https://vault.si.com/vault/1962/11/26/a-rough-day-for-the-bear.) The whole joint was on its feet for the entire contest and yelling its heads off.

Admission: I didn't go to the game; I just heard it on radio. My best friend did, however, and he gave the report above. And when Tech won by intercepting Joe Namath, he said the noise was simply beyond belief.

And now you know why I hate Bama to this day and wish for now more chance to beat them again.
I was a kid, but was there with my Dad. We sat in the south end zone, only a few rows up, so when Bama scored at the north end of the field and then went for two to win, we couldn’t tell if they made it or not. When we saw the Rats jump up and go crazy, we knew Tech had stopped them. That was the loudest I’ve heard it at BDS, before or since.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Football the 2009 VT game with my son. The Miracle on Techwood was close, but the 2009 was louder.

As a student, the night the Thriller Dome got the nick name. Triple OT against Virginia

Georgia Tech 72, Virginia 71 (3 OT)
Jan. 23, 1984
Bruce Dalrymple’s only field goal of the game gave Tech the lead for good. Tech radio play-by-play man Brad Nessler dubbed Alexander Memorial Coliseum the Thrillerdome that night. It stuck.