Random question. What is the loudest you've heard Bobby Dodd Stadium or The Thrillerdome in person? I'll start.

slugboy

Staff member
Maryland seat cushion game under O’Leary. 1995, I think. Free seat cushion game--thousands of seat cushions given to the fans. Just out of the dark ages of Lewis.
Refs were not on our side. After several calls the fans thought were bogus, we gave up on profanity and rained seat cushions down on the field. We got at least one unsportsmanlike penalty for that. O'Leary was laughing.
Tech won.
I think it’s also the last game we gave out seat cushions, ever.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Maryland seat cushion game under O’Leary. 1995, I think. Free seat cushion game--thousands of seat cushions given to the fans. Just out of the dark ages of Lewis.
Refs were not on our side. After several calls the fans thought were bogus, we gave up on profanity and rained seat cushions down on the field. We got at least one unsportsmanlike penalty for that. O'Leary was laughing.
Tech won.

The guy who scored the TD right before that photo was taken, CJ Williams, is a teacher at my school!

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
GT vs Clemson. 2009. We went up 24-0 real quick... Then Clemson scored 27 unanswered points. Scott Blair went on to hit 2 FGs with the last 6 minutes of the game for us to seal the deal.

This is also the game Blair threw the TD to Demaryius Thomas on a fake FG.

Anthony Allen also ran for 127 yards on 5 carries for 2 TDs.

Only 4 passes were completed by GT that game. 1 being from Scott Blair.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
GT vs Clemson. 2009. We went up 24-0 real quick... Then Clemson scored 27 unanswered points. Scott Blair went on to hit 2 FGs with the last 6 minutes of the game for us to seal the deal.

This is also the game Blair threw the TD to Demaryius Thomas on a fake FG.

Anthony Allen also ran for 127 yards on 5 carries for 2 TDs.

Only 4 passes were completed by GT that game. 1 being from Scott Blair.
I WAS at this game but was too young to remember it clearly. When I rewatch it the place sounds nuts.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I agree with an earlier post, with time about to expire and a tied game facing overtime, our Jacket's blocked a fg attempt vs #5 ranked FSU that was run back for a game winning touchdown as time ran out.....Bobby Dodd Stadium erupted!!!
I think someone told me we registered on a siesmograph (not in the way LSU did but we caused a little blip)

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
1962 versus Bama. Tech wins 7 - 6.

That game was almost off the scale of human rage. This was a year after the infamous "Chick Graning Incident" and the entire stadium was filled to the brink with Tech fans looking for revenge. (Those not familiar with the background here can see: https://vault.si.com/vault/1962/11/26/a-rough-day-for-the-bear.) The whole joint was on its feet for the entire contest and yelling its heads off.

Admission: I didn't go to the game; I just heard it on radio. My best friend did, however, and he gave the report above. And when Tech won by intercepting Joe Namath, he said the noise was simply beyond belief.

And now you know why I hate Bama to this day and wish for now more chance to beat them again.

Last edited: