Radio show

It sure seems based off of his comments after practice today that he has lost this team. I appreciate the candor - I do, but that doesn't bode well for the rest of this year. We may be in for a 4-8 type of year.

By lost I mean he sees the problems but doesn't really know how to fix it.

And for those saying he always blames the players - listen to this one.
You have got to be kidding. He hasn't lost anything, nor does he have no idea how to fix the problems. SMDH

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
What I meant was that he took the accountability. He said at some point you're coaching what you're seeing - or something to that effect.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
You have got to be kidding. He hasn't lost anything, nor does he have no idea how to fix the problems. SMDH

I don't mean that he's not getting effort. Listen to his post practice comments. He is extremely frustrated with the production. It's the first time I've heard him come out that strongly about the mental mistakes and the coaching correlation.

From post practice:

What was your message to your staff? What you see is what you are. You're either teaching it or allowing it to happen. Tired of watching it.

Look I know PJ is an off the cuff emotional guy, but you don't make those comments after a win if there aren't some pretty big problems. Can they be fixed? I hope so; big fan of PJ.

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't mean that he's not getting effort. Listen to his post practice comments. He is extremely frustrated with the production. It's the first time I've heard him come out that strongly about the mental mistakes and the coaching correlation.

From post practice:

What was your message to your staff? What you see is what you are. You're either teaching it or allowing it to happen. Tired of watching it.

Look I know PJ is an off the cuff emotional guy, but you don't make those comments after a win if there aren't some pretty big problems. Can they be fixed? I hope so; big fan of PJ.

I think you do say those things to the whole team. Don't let your guys be satisfied winning like that (all those mental errors). Come down hard on them because if the team put in as much as they say they did they almost let it go down the drain in game 1 because of mental errors. His reaction is what I thought it would and should be. Let's see how he sounds Wednesday. We also have a weaker opponent and maybe he is trying to fire his guys up some.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Obviously our problems are based on cleats, not calc.

So sad we are the only sports organization in the world with such a problem.

And the bad practice? If the equipment staff would let our guys practice with athletic shoes instead of the comp slippers from the Irish hotel things would have gone better.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So those who are saying everything is fine are just crazy. Defense was solid, but we played awful on offense...awful. Just like last year.

If you haven't watched the film, take the time to do it. Rewatch plays a few times and you'll start to see the issues. It's not necessarily guys getting outmanned all the time, it's just terrible angles, missteps, bad block attempts, etc. There was one guy in particular on the O line that missed a ton of assignments, but it's not my place to call him out by name.

Coach is right. BC is solid on D, but it really doesn't matter who we play, if we keep making these mistakes we will NOT be productive on that side of the ball.

I'm hoping we can chalk it up to the first game in another country at 7 AM body time, but it definitely has me worried. Last year was the only time I remember this offense looking this anemic, and Saturday it looked awfully similar to last year.

I don't know where the blame lies, and it's not my job to determine that. I just hope we get it fixed or we are on our way to 5-7 or worse.

I will say, however, that a last minute win like that does build confidence. Maybe that helps them rebound...

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Maybe he is talking about Roof

100percent he made a comment about the defense having problems for a good while now; regarding lining up, assignments. Its clear as day he made this comment about the D; and made it in reference to it being a repetitive issue.

The O also had the problems last game. But its not repetitive like the d.

Here in lies the issue. One has been repetitive. The other not

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I listened to post-practice from yesterday. I have not listened to the radio show.

I think there are some real frustrations CPJ has on both sides of the ball, but I also think he's not too upset about having something to yell at them about all week. If we had won comfortably while having missed assignments and lots to clean up, it would be difficult to get our guys to focus on how much better we need to be, especially going into a game this weekend where we can just out-athlete Mercer.

As it stands, this BC game was a lot like VT '14, as many of you have stated. We won 11 games that year. Having to grind one out in week 1 like this, but get the win in the end, is fine with me. Nobody was belly-aching after that VT game, including CPJ.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I listened to post-practice from yesterday. I have not listened to the radio show.

I think there are some real frustrations CPJ has on both sides of the ball, but I also think he's not too upset about having something to yell at them about all week. If we had won comfortably while having missed assignments and lots to clean up, it would be difficult to get our guys to focus on how much better we need to be, especially going into a game this weekend where we can just out-athlete Mercer.

As it stands, this BC game was a lot like VT '14, as many of you have stated. We won 11 games that year. Having to grind one out in week 1 like this, but get the win in the end, is fine with me. Nobody was belly-aching after that VT game, including CPJ.

Paul said bc reminded him most of nd last year.

We were a 3-9 team. And this time we won.

I agree with the best part is we won and have a ton to focus on

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Paul said bc reminded him most of nd last year.

We were a 3-9 team.

I hear ya. And like I said, I think there are real issues. Like you, I am now very concerned about the defense. I don't care how many points we allowed Saturday. It wasn't good on that side of the ball.

I just want to see how we improve execution over the next couple weeks going into Clemson. Mentally, 1-0 makes a big difference over 0-1. And I think after a camp full of praise from CPJ, a little criticism and gloom and doom right now won't hurt them.