Quinlan and Wrecktalk verbally slap fighting

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I enjoy Wrecktalk’s show- entertaining with some decent real talk, I find Bryce Koon to be all fluff and no substance, no opinion on KQ but he is one of the very few people who cover our program so I'm not going to hate on the guy

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been thinking about this…does anyone else find it odd he doesn’t claim any partiality to GT after all these years? I used to cover high school baseball games on the local radio to pay my way through college and, for both teams I covered, I was basically fully invested in the team by the second month of the season. Just odd to me.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been thinking about this…does anyone else find it odd he doesn’t claim any partiality to GT after all these years? I used to cover high school baseball games on the local radio to pay my way through college and, for both teams I covered, I was basically fully invested in the team by the second month of the season. Just odd to me.
I think kelly likes gt but he realizes the hill has not cared about students having fun at sporting events, so his career path ($) is also limited. Kelly has had good contacts w a gt coach ( andy mac) i knew. Andy told me about TFP so i know he told Kelly.
I think kelly was overky kind to our coaching staff.

That said remember the purpose of the Rivals site is recruiting info.

A side note - iirc kelly was involved w a programer who developed gtswarm.

The way i see it , Kelly is slow responding Integral control and WT is rapidly responding derivative control

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think i will watch some of the WT game on ul, TO HEAR WT GUY DOG COLLINS. WILL BE EPIC. HE HAS RUNNING ARGUMENTS W UNC TROLLS ABOUT HOW COLLINS WILL DESTROY UNC
45 points on unc w 7 minutes to go in half.

Kevin Steele at clemson level gt then w virginia - 70 .

Last edited:

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
I’ll say this, Kelly is stupid if the image below is true.
13855877-BF90-47FE-B21D-6702D4FE821F.jpeg

“NotKellyQ” AT LEAST TRY TO HIDE THE BURNER KELLY!!!!!

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
The only objective GT reporters that I know about are KQ, Rod at 247, and Chad at the AJC. I think the Athletic had someone, but I understood they don't any more. Maybe I am wrong. Does anyone know of any others?
Rod says "we" a lot when asking questions.
He ain't all that objective.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
KQ fan here. Not being a fan of the team is certainly something that would have better prepared the FSU fan base for a more realistic vision for this season than was painted by the FSU media. I will say that Wake Up Warchant ( which has at least 5 or 6 full time reporters ) did drop many hints/ warnings about a very flawed offense and a very average QB. These reporters saw every scrimmage and virtually reported on every play in fall camp due to the full access that Coach Norvell allows. But at the end of the day, they were all at 11-1 or 10-2. No one dared to be too gloomy , in part because they are all such big fans of the program. Well, now the Seminole fan base is yelling and screaming that they got lied to. Maybe , a more objective / more professional reporter- could have better prepared the fanbase??
They did bring in some portal talent (Roydell Williams at RB) and still had guys like Patrick Payton who were supposed to step up in the place of Verse and Fiske. And they brought in a veteran QB who had the numbers. Plus, Norvell has a good track record.
Why they still trot out DJU at QB I don't know, but he is clearly not a No. 1 QB in the ACC. And a lot of guys who have potential have not played up to it.
Perhaps those Wake Up Warchant guys could have been a little more vocal in people to not just tap the brakes but put the hype train in idle, if they saw some indications from preseason that maybe all was not well in Tally. But nobody wants to log on to sites with paywalls that say "we are not as good as everybody thinks." There's a little bit of the sports talk radio formula behind that kind of stuff. Notice the headlines on those sites - it's never "Tech no longer contender for 3 star punter" or some such. Gotta find a way to get clicks and eyeballs.

As for KQ, he does do a pretty good job. He gets a lot of information, and the paywall on his site is how he gets paid. He's got good rapport with the coaches and the players. He may not be the best at asking questions, but he does get good nuggets and tidbits. He's not getting paid to be a fan. He's getting paid to give the fans access and info - for a price.
Remember, the first rule in the press box is ... no cheering in the press box. And they are sticklers for that. Go do what he and Chad do for a living for as long as they have and you'll see how little cheering you do anywhere, even at home, watching your favorite team. It gets conditioned out of you.
WreckTalk is here to entertain. He does that. Sometimes. He does decent breakdowns. And the man hates the previous coach almost as much as I do.

But if they want to have a bladder relieving match, fellas, just STHU.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
He still has to remain fairly objective. But I'd be willing to bet he'd admit covering winning teams and programs beats the absolute hell out of covering losing teams and programs.