Quinlan and Wrecktalk verbally slap fighting

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
And get off your lawn in the process too?

Live footage of s78 lookin at all them lousy beatniks...

Grumpy Old Man GIF by Giphy QA
Go ahead… make my day…. 😛

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
The only objective GT reporters that I know about are KQ, Rod at 247, and Chad at the AJC. I think the Athletic had someone, but I understood they don't any more. Maybe I am wrong. Does anyone know of any others?

Quinlan isn't objective. His slant is to drive people to his paid site. "I imagine" he really only cares about his bottom line.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Quinlan isn't objective. His slant is to drive people to his paid site. "I imagine" he really only cares about his bottom line.
He does want subscribers. Much like the Athletic, or AJC trying to get subscribers with headlines.

I was referring to his coverage of GT. He isn't a "fan boy" writing about how great everything about GT is. He says things from an objective standpoint. Fan boys usually overlook problems and only try to highlight, even overstate, good things. If you want to believe that your team is the 1986 Bears, then fan boy sites will have you believing that even if the team only wins 1 game.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't think much of KQ's double bird on the video. That said, it is probably not the most professional look to interact with fans in that way in general. Tone/intent is difficult to interpret off the internet and I understand the way KQ took it. As someone who has a young family, that balance can be tough to manage. Both the fan who made the comment and KQ apologized to each other later in the video and that should have been the end of it. I think WT took the opportunity to stir the pot to increase his viewership like what RonJohn said.

Nerves seem to just be wearing thin in general in the sports media/podcast space. I thought that Bryce Koon has pushed back at fans too with some comments he/they have made. Josh Pate has seemed a little defensive at times recently too. Covering Tech sports has to be pretty merciless for several reasons. Not the least of which is having to interact with a bunch of intelligent, awkward, engineers. It even gets to my wife at times.
He is a dwag, what in the heck do you expect.....

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Jackson Caudell (SI, Bleav) is generally objective. As I said I think Bryce Koon (Crowded Booth podcast) does a good job - he reports for 247 LSU for his day job. I’ve noticed Caudell is generally more optimistic and Koon more pessimistic.
Pre ireland predict and interact w fabs, epecially FSU
Bryce took who show to finally say fsu players and coaches way better.
WT took on fsu from get go and said we would do good against them.
During game he identified that fsu ran where lb was standing.

Also, wt hates collins and challaged him to a cage wrestling match. Organizing a caravan to go to unc to hate on collins.
WT is just a dude that can make graphics, giff, talk and loves gt. His weekly ratings of acc teams has the lowest ratings as pee pee do do ka ka where FSU is doomed.

He picked the fight - imo, cause he has no other content.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
He is a dwag, what in the heck do you expect.....
Eventhough he is a uGA grad, I think he does a fairly decent job of not involving that in any of his content/opinions. He seems pretty even-keeled with his takes to me. Lets be honest, if we had a tech fan covering the team, we may have a time like the FSU message boards where there demands for refunds because fans have felt mislead about the team.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Kelly Quinlan is a dawg!? I never knew that, but it does explain why I can’t stand him.

I, um, just uh, kinda feel like, um, I sorta wish, uh, maybe, um, he could, uh, kinda sorta maybe ever, um, ask a direct question.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I didn't think much of KQ's double bird on the video. That said, it is probably not the most professional look to interact with fans in that way in general. Tone/intent is difficult to interpret off the internet and I understand the way KQ took it. As someone who has a young family, that balance can be tough to manage. Both the fan who made the comment and KQ apologized to each other later in the video and that should have been the end of it. I think WT took the opportunity to stir the pot to increase his viewership like what RonJohn said.

Nerves seem to just be wearing thin in general in the sports media/podcast space. I thought that Bryce Koon has pushed back at fans too with some comments he/they have made. Josh Pate has seemed a little defensive at times recently too. Covering Tech sports has to be pretty merciless for several reasons. Not the least of which is having to interact with a bunch of intelligent, awkward, engineers. It even gets to my wife at times.
This.
The fact that KQ has some annoying habits when he asks questions, which I've previously joked about on this board, has nothing to do with the issue between WT and KQ.

Not a subscriber but I've listened to KQ's podcasts and they seem pretty even-handed and occasionally insightful. Yes, he wants folks to pay him for info that is often available for free, but they all do that to an extent. Less coverage of GT sports is not a good thing.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Kelly Quinlan is a dawg!? I never knew that, but it does explain why I can’t stand him.

I, um, just uh, kinda feel like, um, I sorta wish, uh, maybe, um, he could, uh, kinda sorta maybe ever, um, ask a direct question.
He went to the cesspool. I think he has said on one of his podcasts that he is a TX fan instead of a mutt fan.

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
KQ fan here. Not being a fan of the team is certainly something that would have better prepared the FSU fan base for a more realistic vision for this season than was painted by the FSU media. I will say that Wake Up Warchant ( which has at least 5 or 6 full time reporters ) did drop many hints/ warnings about a very flawed offense and a very average QB. These reporters saw every scrimmage and virtually reported on every play in fall camp due to the full access that Coach Norvell allows. But at the end of the day, they were all at 11-1 or 10-2. No one dared to be too gloomy , in part because they are all such big fans of the program. Well, now the Seminole fan base is yelling and screaming that they got lied to. Maybe , a more objective / more professional reporter- could have better prepared the fanbase??