Quiet in here. Off season check in thread

gtbeak

Ramblin' Wreck
Not much talk or activity lately. Posting this as a place to check in and just generally chat.
Not much to write about, unless someone has scoop on transfer portal activities or summer ball. I'm always interested in news on either of these topics, but since I don't have any inside sources within the program nor do I pay for monthly subscriptions to college baseball websites, I'm afraid I can't contribute.

The MLB draft is tomorrow and early next week, that should give us a jolt of conversation for a day or two.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Not much to write about, unless someone has scoop on transfer portal activities or summer ball. I'm always interested in news on either of these topics, but since I don't have any inside sources within the program nor do I pay for monthly subscriptions to college baseball websites, I'm afraid I can't contribute.

The MLB draft is tomorrow and early next week, that should give us a jolt of conversation for a day or two.
The draft is what I am waiting on, and I believe the coaches are waiting on it too before making more transfer portal additions. Does anyone have any scoop on which recruits might get drafted?

gtbeak

Ramblin' Wreck
Y’all think Condon goes #1?
I don't, I think its gonna be Bazanna.

I'll go a step farther....in 5 years Charlie Condon will not look like a good selection. I see his ceiling as being a good (not great) DH, and a good DH shouldn't be in the conversation as a top 5 pick. On the Cape last year he hit 1 homerun in 50 PAs, which leads me to believe he is a product of the bat and ball used at the college level. However, I will note that no MLB GM has called me yet to ask me for my scouting report, so that should also be considered when deciding how much to value my opinion.

gtbeak

Ramblin' Wreck
Ryan Johnson, who for a few minutes we thought was transferring into our program, gets taken with the 74th pick by Anaheim.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Camron Hill goes in the 8th round to the Phillies. Another one I expected to go and I hope he taps into his potential.

No recruits drafted on day 2 though so I feel like we should expect them to be on campus now.