Quick Lane Bowl Media

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Olineman Donnell Green and linebacker Blake Cashman will be skipping the bowl to prepare for the draft. Anyone skipping for GT? I don’t have a great feeling about this one as a gopher fan. Our young new DC has been impressive so far, earning his full time role for next year after being named the interim three quarters of the way through the season. I will be awfully impressed if he passes this test.
Our yaerly cross division opponent who only play us once everyc7 years are pretty close to winless. He may as well load the box.

After our guys stumbled and bumbled in first 4 games, they caught fire but stumbled badly against uga. Will they fold up due to coach leaving or will they rise up and make a statement about the end of an era.

I think it's going to be a statement game.

You coach seems like a good guy. Hope he wins the game after this one.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Olineman Donnell Green and linebacker Blake Cashman will be skipping the bowl to prepare for the draft. Anyone skipping for GT? I don’t have a great feeling about this one as a gopher fan. Our young new DC has been impressive so far, earning his full time role for next year after being named the interim three quarters of the way through the season. I will be awfully impressed if he passes this test.
I think we only have one senior on defense who could even potentially go in the draft, and I doubt he does. The rest will probably look to make it as UDFAs.

Our offense as a whole is pretty young and none of the seniors should be expected to play at the next level unless they can find a perfect scheme. Based on what @flea77 has said about Will Bryan, he may be the most likely one to have a shot based on his size and agility. No idea why he isn't on the field though.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Sources cited reasons for the disciplinary action, and the names of some players involved, but since those details have not been confirmed, the Star Tribune is not publishing that information.
Mad respect there. It sounds like they are still only expected to be out and nothing has said they for sure are. For the sake of competition I hope they get to play.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Pretty sure the GT fanbase knows but the Gophers had a s***-storm 2 seasons ago between the last game of the season and the bowl around how troubling off-field behavior after the first game of the season (alleged sexual assault) was addressed by the institutional authorities, the new AD, the U Prez, and the Head Coach (who at that time was Tracy Claeys who's now DC at Washington State). Really a mess where the players threatened to boycott the bowl until cooler heads prevailed.

That's the backdrop for Claeys being fired and Fleck being hired.

Ironically, no one gave the Gophers a shot at all against Mike Leach's squad for Washington State in the bowl...but a funny thing happened and the Gophers came out swinging and stopped the Cougars high-powered offense cold and won the game. Didn't save Claeys' job because of how the boycott and other reasons went down, but certainly marked a remarkable turn of events.

Only point being made is that GT has a retiring HC and a very promising new HC hire. Gophers are going through some type of internal issue that needs to be addressed. Both are interesting variables coming into the game.

We'll see on the field in a couple of weeks how it all fits. Of course as a Gophers fan this is the LAST thing wanted to see...just like 2 years ago. These kids are funny though...hard to know where the chips on their shoulders will come from...and how they use them on the field.

All of this is just more sauce for the goose...

slugboy

Staff member
Last practice before travel
@GeorgiaTechFB: Last [emoji465] practice in #ATL before we head to @quicklanebowl today #TogetherWeSwarm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk