Quick Lane Bowl Media

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
cal definetely has gold and the schools i named have nothing to do with gold. Its about how we are over promoting navy blue hence all those teams are mainly navy blue. Try and keep up here bud
It's not bud, it's Towaliga. Gold1, we'll just have to agree to disagree about the blue. I like it, you don't. I can live with that. In the end, we're both GT fans.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll use this thread to cover any bowl-related items on the Gophers or Jackets in the run-up to the game.

Today it broke that one of our offensive lineman has taken a pro-agent and thus "retired" from college FB...of course forgoing the bowl game. Ironically (for this particular match-up) this Minnesota player is originally from Marietta. Here's the Star Tribune link: http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/Gophers_Football/ and the Pioneer Press link: https://www.twincities.com/2018/12/...left-tackle-donnell-green-in-quick-lane-bowl/

Also in the other bowl media thread here's a write-up on Tuesday's news conference with both CPJ and CPJF. Here's the link: http://www.startribune.com/georgia-tech-s-johnson-gophers-fleck-see-bowl-game-as-a-reward/501995882/

Apparently CPJF has indicated early advice he got when become HC at Western Michigan was to avoid scheduling both Georgia Southern and Tech. He's already played Southern a couple of times at WMU and obviously is about to play your team. Here's the link: https://www.twincities.com/2018/12/05/gophers-getting-head-start-on-quick-lane-bowl-and-next-season/

We of course have an SBNation blog site just like Tech. I won't pull up those. Still early for any real news.

btowngopher

Georgia Tech Fan
He comes off as an over aggressive car salesmen. Watching him at WMU for a few years was cringe worthy. He was corny as hell and came off as a complete ****ing clown. Some of his kids he serious off field issues as well. Everything about him screams fraud.

His personality can be pretty corny, but I feel it is genuine based on his actions. I'm sure the WMU fans were pretty happy to have him. As far as kids having off field issues, Fleck seems to have learned from that, he took the responsibility for it when it happened at WMU. We have not seen any off field issues since he has been here, although I'm sure we will at some point as it seems hard to prevent completely. Fleck was pretty quick to pull our offer to our highest rated verbal this year when he picked up an assault and battery charge. So yes I do think Fleck is polarizing, his personality can be over the top and corny, but I find him to be genuine and a man of sound character.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
His personality can be pretty corny, but I feel it is genuine based on his actions. I'm sure the WMU fans were pretty happy to have him. As far as kids having off field issues, Fleck seems to have learned from that, he took the responsibility for it when it happened at WMU. We have not seen any off field issues since he has been here, although I'm sure we will at some point as it seems hard to prevent completely. Fleck was pretty quick to pull our offer to our highest rated verbal this year when he picked up an assault and battery charge. So yes I do think Fleck is polarizing, his personality can be over the top and corny, but I find him to be genuine and a man of sound character.
The kids now days like that attitude. Hell, we just hired Geoff Collins and he kinda has the same personality!

btowngopher

Georgia Tech Fan
Olineman Donnell Green and linebacker Blake Cashman will be skipping the bowl to prepare for the draft. Anyone skipping for GT? I don’t have a great feeling about this one as a gopher fan. Our young new DC has been impressive so far, earning his full time role for next year after being named the interim three quarters of the way through the season. I will be awfully impressed if he passes this test.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Olineman Donnell Green and linebacker Blake Cashman will be skipping the bowl to prepare for the draft. Anyone skipping for GT? I don’t have a great feeling about this one as a gopher fan. Our young new DC has been impressive so far, earning his full time role for next year after being named the interim three quarters of the way through the season. I will be awfully impressed if he passes this test.
The good thing about the triple option is you don’t get many players that are NFL caliber. Everyone is playing as far as I know.