Quick Lane Bowl Media

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
You have yet to name the 50 other teams
Too many to name but here's one.
20181205_153829.jpg

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
For a guy that seems to try and be SUPER likeable, to me PJ Fleck couldn’t be a more unlikeable person. Not my style at all.
He comes off as an over aggressive car salesmen. Watching him at WMU for a few years was cringe worthy. He was corny as hell and came off as a complete ****ing clown. Some of his kids he serious off field issues as well. Everything about him screams fraud.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
But I thought Pitt was going away from it, so who are the other 50 you mentioned? I know, I know..., listing 50 would take a long time, so just list 10.
Pitt, notre dame, navy, penn state, byu, Akron, Cal, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Utah state just to name a few

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Penn Sate, BYU, Georgia State, and Utah State don't have gold. Cal is also yellow. Keep trying though.
cal definetely has gold and the schools i named have nothing to do with gold. Its about how we are over promoting navy blue hence all those teams are mainly navy blue. Try and keep up here bud

THWG

Helluva Engineer
cal definetely has gold and the schools i named have nothing to do with gold. Its about how we are over promoting navy blue hence all those teams are mainly navy blue. Try and keep up here bud
I thought you were trying to point out how we look like them. Last time I checked none of them wear gold helmets, so how can we look like them? Also, you really need to look at Cal, they wear yellow.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Pitt, notre dame, navy, penn state, byu, Akron, Cal, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Utah state just to name a few
And everyone you mentioned also has white and/or gold as well, so if we are trying to get away from them completely, I guess we should change our uniforms to a rainbow spectrum or go with a nice plaid.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Getting back to the "bowl media" purpose of this thread got something to offer...

The Twin Cities equivalent of the Atlanta Journal Constitution is the Star Tribune. Although having a mostly a pro-sports focus...especially the Vikings...they have tried over the last few years to provide better Gophers coverage, including FB.

Here's an article from earlier today on yesterday's presser with both CPJ and CPJF. Here's the link: http://www.startribune.com/georgia-tech-s-johnson-gophers-fleck-see-bowl-game-as-a-reward/501995882/

I'll post these off and on over the season.

For what it's worth my perception from afar is that AJC does a good job of covering both professional and college sports in Atlanta and north Georgia. Given only one major university in town...the UM is like UGA, GT, and Ga State combined into one institution...the pro-market dominates. Also like Atlanta, we have Hawkeyes, Badgers, Wolverine alum that have located here similar to Auburn, Tennessee, Bama, Florida, FSU, Clemson, and the like alum who live in Atlanta. It looks to me though that AJC still focuses on the "home teams" relative to the invaders from both the ACC and SEC all around.

Being raised in East Marietta, I've watched the rise of the Kennesaw State Owls from afar over the years...as well as Georgia State. Both schools have come a long way... BTW, we play Georgia Southern next year in our non-conference schedule.

You are not alone. Really no middle so far at UMN although most of the Minnesota "dislike" fans admit that if we start winning they will get over it.

Getting The Axe went a long way on that front for Year One.

Yes, he's been here two years but it's "Year One" because Coach Fleck said last year...his first year...was "Year Zero."

I don't know about Tech's hiring of CPJ a decade ago but Fleck was hired for us to coach football and not teach math...so we're kinda letting the year numbering slide...
CPJ in his first year went 9-4, Beat Georgia, and tied for 1st in the Coastal division. The Coach prior went 7-5. The next year 11-3 with an ACC Championship

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
And everyone you mentioned also has white and/or gold as well, so if we are trying to get away from them completely, I guess we should change our uniforms to a rainbow spectrum or go with a nice plaid.
They all wear navy as their main jersey which is why im saying why it makes no sense to look like them. But whatever, you are wrong