Quick Lane Bowl Alumni / Fan Gathering

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
You never know till you try. A personal appeal from a local Detroit person might have SOME influence. Hell, write a letter to the newspaper, or contact the local TV stations about it. Shame them, if nothing else. LOL I would love to know their reasoning (EXCUSES) for it.
Maybe I missed this somewhere in this thread but perhaps someone in the Ford family ought to be reminded that the Wreck was made by Ford?

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe Buzz does this too but Goldy enters the field on a 3-wheeled, stand-up scooter and "drives" around the field prior to the team coming out of the tunnel.

Here's a pic from a Halloween game where he's in costume...
487236_10151229618642943_1024923522_n.jpg

Certainly not the same footprints as The Wreck but now I wonder if this will be allowed... My guess is yes but you never know.

Maybe Buzz does this too but Goldy enters the field on a 3-wheeled, stand-up scooter and "drives" around the field prior to the team coming out of the tunnel.

Here's a pic from a Halloween game where he's in costume...
487236_10151229618642943_1024923522_n.jpg

Certainly not the same footprints as The Wreck but now I wonder if this will be allowed... My guess is yes but you never know.
If the do allow that, but not the Wreck, then somebody needs to raise hell. It's not like either of them are going to do anything that would damage the turf.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
This time of year fat-tire bikes are the preferred type for those crazy enough to bike on ice and snow...not for me...
I've heard the bike infrastructure in MSP is just incredible. I really wanna visit sometime. It's getting better here in Atlanta but we're still far away from what I hear about MSP.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
I've heard the bike infrastructure in MSP is just incredible. I really wanna visit sometime. It's getting better here in Atlanta but we're still far away from what I hear about MSP.

I'm not a bike enthusiast myself...but Mrs. Billd is...and one of her great enjoyments is being able to bike from our home to TCF Bank Stadium (about 8 miles) for home games in Sept. and Oct. The local governments have been very good about converting abandoned RR grads into paved bike paths. Given that Atlanta was of course originally named "Terminus" it would seem there would be ample opportunity. I'm originally from Cobb County so gov'ment doing anything is probably still a challenge except for certain new ballparks.

But the direct answer is that the Metro is very bike friendly...and the City of Minneapolis is very aggressively converting fine existing surface streets, with 2-lanes both directions at a 30 mph speed limit...into 2-dedicated traffic lanes only (from 4 to 2) for both autos AND bikes on the same side. Great for the bicyclists but awful for the other 99% of us using automobiles. You can probably guess what my soapbox on this issue is...

Regardless, there's also a fine network of paved State Trails, again on abandoned RR grades, especially Up North in the lakes half of the state. For the more motor minded, great ATV trail networks too. That's it for my tourism message...

I'm not a bike enthusiast myself...but Mrs. Billd is...and one of her great enjoyments is being able to bike from our home to TCF Bank Stadium (about 8 miles) for home games in Sept. and Oct. The local governments have been very good about converting abandoned RR grads into paved bike paths. Given that Atlanta was of course originally named "Terminus" it would seem there would be ample opportunity. I'm originally from Cobb County so gov'ment doing anything is probably still a challenge except for certain new ballparks.

But the direct answer is that the Metro is very bike friendly...and the City of Minneapolis is very aggressively converting fine existing surface streets, with 2-lanes both directions at a 30 mph speed limit...into 2-dedicated traffic lanes only (from 4 to 2) for both autos AND bikes on the same side. Great for the bicyclists but awful for the other 99% of us using automobiles. You can probably guess what my soapbox on this issue is...

Regardless, there's also a fine network of paved State Trails, again on abandoned RR grades, especially Up North in the lakes half of the state. For the more motor minded, great ATV trail networks too. That's it for my tourism message...
Not sure which came first, "Terminus" or "Marthasville", but it's good to see that you know Atlanta history.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Aren’t we engineers? Can we not figure a way to lead the team into the field without damaging it? Lay something (plywood at worst) out in the direction of our sideline and then just back it out?

Is it a flat no on their part?

Or maybe we just don’t want to spend the money...