Quick Lane Bowl Alumni / Fan Gathering

Animal02

Banned
Just got word the official alumni / fan gathering will be held at the Firebird Tavern in GreekTown
https://www.firebirdtavern.com/
419 Monroe Street in Greek Town... about 5 blocks from the stadium, a block away from the team hotel.

Yours truly will be acting as the local point person for the event. (Feel free to send rounds of drinks to the greeter table. :p) apparently most of the Motor City Alumni members will be back in Atlanta with family
The Wreck is supposed to be there at some point, as well as the Tech Band.
Hope to see some of you there.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Just got word the official alumni / fan gathering will be held at the Firebird Tavern in GreekTown
419 Monroe Street in Greek Town... about 5 blocks from the stadium, a block away from the team hotel.

Yours truly will be acting as the local point person for the event. (Feel free to send rounds of drinks to the greeter table. :p) apparently most of the Motor City Alumni members will be back in Atlanta with family

Is there any time frame for this event? I won't be in town until early afternoon on the 26th

No official notice via email yet.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
A little nugget. There will be alcohol sales at the bowl game through the 3rd qtr!

Here's a Minnesota nugget. We have beer and wine sales at our home games through the 3rd quarter...very expensive beers, but some local microbrews represented.

We've grown used to it but visiting fans typically overdo it with the novelty of it all.

Milwaukee

Banned
Screenshot_20181213-095032.jpg
Screenshot_20181213-095111.jpg

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Here's a Minnesota nugget. We have beer and wine sales at our home games through the 3rd quarter...very expensive beers, but some local microbrews represented.

We've grown used to it but visiting fans typically overdo it with the novelty of it all.
Nice! I split Michigan St season tix with a business partner. No drinking in Spartan Stadium except Club sections. I wish college events would sell alcohol but I get some of the reasoning behind it.
And Are you coming to the game?

eg1

Georgia Tech Fan

Are sidewalk fans also welcome? Also, are teenage children allowed entry accompanied by an adult?

I'm bringing my son down with me from Hamilton for the game and looking for Tech fan pre-game festivities :beercheers:

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Nice! I split Michigan St season tix with a business partner. No drinking in Spartan Stadium except Club sections. I wish college events would sell alcohol but I get some of the reasoning behind it.
And Are you coming to the game?

Unfortunately no. Really thought hard about it...especially with GT as the opponent...but being the day after Christmas was just too much of a challenge.

You can bet though this is "must see TV" the afternoon of the 26th!