Quarterback for next year

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
What else do you want to know?

It was sarcasm, figured the bolded parts from your message I replied to would have helped you figure that out. Think the last thing I want to see is more baseless opinions such as: Graham wont be the QB next year because he interviews poorly and you pity him for it.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Going all in on Yates. He’s the guy until sims or someone else is ready.
I'm not all in on Yates but I do believe he will beat Graham out as game 1 starter. Whether or not one of the true freshman can be in the competition for game 1 starter remains to be seen in my opinion.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
My guess is Gleason gets more playing time before Sims, Gleason supposedly mentally gets things very, very fast. Doesn't RPO take a lot of outstanding head work by the QB?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I get Gleason is our only QB rated as pro style, but I am not sure that distinction means much anymore.
I think the main difference is that if you are 6'3" or taller you can't be a dual-threat QB. If you look at Gleason's junior film, you can see that he can run and sometimes prefers to. But … he's too tall to be a dual-threat QB!! He's pro-style!!

I do think that, with Graham and Yates both up next year, Sims and Gleason probably should redshirt. All to the good, that. As to who wins out … well, that's up to the young men in question. It ain't written in stone.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I think the main difference is that if you are 6'3" or taller you can't be a dual-threat QB. If you look at Gleason's junior film, you can see that he can run and sometimes prefers to. But … he's too tall to be a dual-threat QB!! He's pro-style!!

I do think that, with Graham and Yates both up next year, Sims and Gleason probably should redshirt. All to the good, that. As to who wins out … well, that's up to the young men in question. It ain't written in stone.

Is Cam Newton just an exception to this rule? Come on, thats a lazy take. Maybe depends on what your definition of 'Duel Treat' is.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Sims is also 6'4" and a dual threat.

I am not sure what he was talking about with height. The type of QB is determined by tendencies, releases, and style. Gleason can run but he was not a run first QB or even a run Second QB. He did do some running but it was more like how aaron Rodgers will take off.

Sims however was definitely in a read spread and a threat to run every single play.

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
I am not sure what he was talking about with height. The type of QB is determined by tendencies, releases, and style. Gleason can run but he was not a run first QB or even a run Second QB. He did do some running but it was more like how aaron Rodgers will take off.

Sims however was definitely in a read spread and a threat to run every single play.

Gleason ran for over 1000 yds as a junior and 17 tds I believe and his highlights show a lot of designed runs. He also appeared to be a very powerful runner and showed decent speed. It’ll be interesting to see how his athletic ability translates on the college level.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Going to be a good battle just hope we can work it and not lose Sims or Gleason . The future looks good if we can few some early games we could ..... No don't say it or it could jinx us.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow

You must have forgotten about Lawrence and Burrow. They look everything like a dual threat to me.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I know where a really good one will become available in May if we are into transfers. Two years experience in RPO, two trips to NC finals, 4-star out of HS, and he is a flat out gunslinger. (Runner, I can't judge.) And he has two years eligibility left, and not leaving his position from sour grapes. Just wants to play. That all-world California recruit is on the Clemson campus now, and Chase Brice has announced he is transferring upon graduation. (He is the guy who won the Syracuse game in 2018 with a 4th and nine 16-yard strike. Kept them unbeaten when Lawrence was hit in the head.) Better yet, Collins wants culture? It started at Clemson. Will a graduate program match up?

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I know where a really good one will become available in May if we are into transfers. Two years experience in RPO, two trips to NC finals, 4-star out of HS, and he is a flat out gunslinger. (Runner, I can't judge.) And he has two years eligibility left, and not leaving his position from sour grapes. Just wants to play. That all-world California recruit is on the Clemson campus now, and Chase Brice has announced he is transferring upon graduation. (He is the guy who won the Syracuse game in 2018 with a 4th and nine 16-yard strike. Kept them unbeaten when Lawrence was hit in the head.) Better yet, Collins wants culture? It started at Clemson. Will a graduate program match up?
I would take him in a blink of an eye.

Buzz1126

Georgia Tech Fan
It was sarcasm, figured the bolded parts from your message I replied to would have helped you figure that out. Think the last thing I want to see is more baseless opinions such as: Graham wont be the QB next year because he interviews poorly and you pity him for it.

My bad, assumed you weren't an a** hole.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
My bad, assumed you weren't an a** hole.

Come on... that is what this discussion is going to come to? Middle school name calling? Take a look in the mirror one time.

It'll be Yates. Graham isn't a QB, maybe he can play WR? Don't know, and with very unimpressive interviews I don't really care what he does (feel kinda bad). Simms/Gleason look solid, but unless they enroll early I give them 0 shot to overtake Yates. Yates also has the best highschool highlight tape out of all 3.

Can you please give us some examples from Graham's interviews where he is '"unimpressive"? I must have missed those. Is it his knowledge of the offensive system (where the coaches hold him in high regard)? Conversely - can you give us some examples of Jordan Yates interviews and how they make him more qualified to play QB over Graham in your eyes. Thanks.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
For real...can someone please let our staff know that this is totally unnecessary and is more likely to wear out our players than anything else lol
I'm not a fan of the sideline weights either, but to play devil's advocate, they arenta really going through a rigorous lifting session. They're just warming up and getting the juices flowing.

Again, I think its dumb too, but if the players want to do it let them. Its not hurting anyone.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
What I amconcerned about is that coaches pull a Lucas J and leave Graham in because he "knows the system" but is not the best QB.So we go another yr floundering around at QB.