Qua "the dive" Review

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I was paying more attention to the time on the clock more than anything else. I had a feeling we would score, but I told my friends that I wanted to win or lose on our last possession, not their's. The Searcy play seemed like it was in slow motion for me. I could see what we were doing, and the D wasn't fooled at all. I completely lost it when I saw the hands go up, but 30 seconds is an eternity. We only needed 18 in 2014. My first thought when I woke up this morning was how risky was that dive with the ball exposed like that. That could have ended horribly but that was a good player making a great play with the game on the line.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
On a 1-10 how nervous were you?

After getting jobbed time after time I was at a 12 until I saw the ball on the ground and I was at a 30.

Another thought--did Willis play at all after the fumble? Guessing not...

I wasn't nervous once I saw the replay. There was nothing to overturn it.

Ike did play; I think it was the 2nd play of our last drive he threw a crunching cut block on a rocket toss. He cut the UGA db so awesomely that the db flew up into the air flailing wildly. If you want to know how to cut block downfield, that was textbook.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Qua looked like superman on the play. He was not to be denied. It was a great decision to pull it down and get what he could. JT was picked up by at least 3 players. Qua found a sliver of a crease on the cut back, made a move on a guy at the 4 yard line and leaped into the air simultaneously. What an athletic play! It looked like nothing was there when he first got the ball.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I wasn't nervous at all ever about Qua's TD. It looked like a clear TD to me, and the replays just confirmed it. It did look like the ball may have been hit from his hands, but it was a TD as soon as the ball broke the plane in Qua's control. Fumble or no fumble after that was beside the point.

That being said, my heart barely took a beat for the next 30 seconds of game time. I was not at all confident ever (until 0:00) that we would be able to keep them from scoring.