Qua "the dive" Review

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
On a 1-10 how nervous were you?

After getting jobbed time after time I was at a 12 until I saw the ball on the ground and I was at a 30.

Another thought--did Willis play at all after the fumble? Guessing not...

flounder

Jolly Good Fellow
As I said in another thread, I was really surprised they didn't overturn it. That's the kind of call that always goes against us in this game.

I think Willis was in on that play. I remember being surprised he was in on such a crucial down, but I guess that shows the confidence CPJ has in him.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I was a 3. Like you I understand the strange history of calls but while the replay did show the ball out, there was absolutely nothing on the replay to give "irrefutable evidence" to overrule the call. The replay suggests that the ball came out after crossing the plane and hitting the ground. In fact, the angle shown was somewhat obscured by the line judge. The announcers were confident that it would stand fwiw.

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
0-1 after they showed a replay on the jumbotron, seemed obvious to me, but the cynic in me was a little worried given our history in this series

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
0-1 after they showed a replay on the jumbotron, seemed obvious to me, but the cynic in me was a little worried given our history in this series
And given the fact that these were SEC officials. After all, SEC officials called the JT play a "fumble" in 2014 after he had been stopped and pushed backward in a scrum for 4-5 yards.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I was 15. I can't understand why we didn't run Dedrick three times for the score, but IIWII now.

I rewatched it this morning. He scored. Couldn't have been overturned as a fumble because there was no clear recovery at any point, and I think Quay ended up with the ball once the play was over anyways.

Willis did play after the fumble, but no more carries. Saw him bringing in plays on the final drive.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
On Willis's fumble.....the announcers kept saying the dwag defender stripped it, but to me it looked more like he fell awkwardly onto his blocker and the ball sorta got hip checked out. Did anyone have a better view?

Not that it matters, but I was curious if it was good defense or an unforced error.

dubjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
On Willis's fumble.....the announcers kept saying the dwag defender stripped it, but to me it looked more like he fell awkwardly onto his blocker and the ball sorta got hip checked out. Did anyone have a better view?

Not that it matters, but I was curious if it was good defense or an unforced error.
Maybe a little of both but I thought it was more him running into the offensive player than the ugag guy getting it!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
And given the fact that these were SEC officials. After all, SEC officials called the JT play a "fumble" in 2014 after he had been stopped and pushed backward in a scrum for 4-5 yards.

Yeah it was pretty obvious to me that the hands that were slapping at the ball were across the line themselves, but I was still a little worried the refs might just award it a clean recovery with a clear path and give them a TD. Also, I was not anywhere close to comfortable for that last 30 seconds after seeing what we did in 2014 where the Dwags were certain they'd already won. How awesome is it to have a kicker where you don't worry about a kickoff being returned...I knew for a fact that ball was going out the back of the end zone.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Yeah it was pretty obvious to me that the hands that were slapping at the ball were across the line themselves, but I was still a little worried the refs might just award it a clean recovery with a clear path and give them a TD. Also, I was not anywhere close to comfortable for that last 30 seconds after seeing what we did in 2014 where the Dwags were certain they'd already won. How awesome is it to have a kicker where you don't worry about a kickoff being returned...I knew for a fact that ball was going out the back of the end zone.
Isn't the mirrored similarity to 2014 almost eerie? Thomas fumbles late and Georgia moves ahead before The Kick at the bell. Georgia throws interception at the end and GT scores to win. I was thinking the same thing everybody else was, and I am not a guy who thinks "conspiracy" every time we get a bad call. But I was holding my breath. New family record.

jrgray

Georgia Tech Fan
I was a zero originally then went up to 4 every time they showed the review because you couldn't see clearly when the ball came out. The only thing that kept me from being too nervous was there was no replay showing clear recovery and Qua came out with the ball.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If the dawgs had "recovered", best believe ..... well, I can't even bear to say what would've happened.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
My friend said to me, watch them overturn this or watch Butker miss the extra point. lol. We are too snakebitten. Overturning that play would have been ridiculous. It wasn't nearly close enough to overturn.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
My friend said to me, watch them overturn this or watch Butker miss the extra point. lol. We are too snakebitten. Overturning that play would have been ridiculous. It wasn't nearly close enough to overturn.
Butker drilled that PAT like he was hitting that 53 yarder from two years ago. I mean he really booted it, got it up quick.