QB controversy

zzzboy25

Georgia Tech Fan
I think improvements on the OL will do the most to un-stagnate (sic) the offense. Not sure how to get there but that seems to be the ticket
The coach should have used all his scholarships on huge linemen(OL & DL) and developed them. Recruiting an RB is good but he can be abused and beat up if he doesn't have an experienced line.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know the stats on this, but on defense it seems we have a better chance on third-and-three than third-and-eight.
I’m with you on this.

The only time I feel like we have a chance to make a stop on 3rd down is when it’s short yardage and they may run the ball.

If it’s 3rd and 6 to 3rd and 20, I feel like it’s almost a guaranteed first down for whoever we are playing.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
The coach should have used all his scholarships on huge linemen(OL & DL) and developed them. Recruiting an RB is good but he can be abused and beat up if he doesn't have an experienced line.
They used a bunch on OL their first full class. Thing is, they are all only in their 2nd year this year. How long does it take to "develop them"?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Yates is 69 - 109 (63.3%), 739 yds., 6 TD's, 2 Int. QB Rating 134.8

Sims is 113 - 188 (60.1%), 1,468 yds., 12 TD's, 7 Int. - QB Rating 139.3
Now factor in the fumbles and sacks ☹️

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
They used a bunch on OL their first full class. Thing is, they are all only in their 2nd year this year. How long does it take to "develop them"?
3-4 years. If you have a rare gem, 1-2 years. RS Sophomore starting should be where we see the first classes we brought in starting to excel. Williams came in and started right away. I think if we had an RT that could have played, he wouldn't have. Just my opinion.