QB controversy

kalld12

Banned
Not saying anything between yates or sims but I truthfully think we will be stagnant with either at QB we really need a different guy Pyron or peery but someone with that ability to get the ball going and not turn it over.
also **** your grammer.
Love the last part haha! On a serious note though, I know we all want the next Trevor Lawrence, but as one poster said, the OL needs to improve significantly for us to get to the next level of QB performance.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
With three wins and only two games left, why not put the third or fourth string in for a series or two. This recklessness may mean that we could lose 49-14 instead of 49-7 but we might catch lightning in a bottle.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Im not entirely convinced either guy is the answer for the next three years. Hopefully Peery and Pyron get legitimate chances to win the job. I wouldn't be against a transfer coming in and competing as well (Bailey).

stech81

Helluva Engineer
With three wins and only two games left, why not put the third or fourth string in for a series or two. This recklessness may mean that we could lose 49-14 instead of 49-7 but we might catch lightning in a bottle.
I hate to say this ( but against uga the top defense and our OL ) hell I feel sorry but for the one who has to end the season against them.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Were none of the other QB threads good enough to have this discussion in?

(for what it's worth, I agree with you barring Sims finally breaking out of whatever slump he is in).

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Not saying anything between yates or sims but I truthfully think we will be stagnant with either at QB we really need a different guy Pyron or peery but someone with that ability to get the ball going and not turn it over.
also **** your grammer.
Yates and Sims must be the best we have in the ranch. Until the offensive line is better, the defense is better, it will not really matter who is quarterback.

GTcanWINagain

Banned
I hate to say this ( but against uga the top defense and our OL ) hell I feel sorry but for the one who has to end the season against them.
It is also the chance for whoever QBs us to forever be a Tech legend if they - and Gibbs - can make UGA lose a heartbreaker!

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
My stance on the QB, is I know what I have in Yates but his ceiling isn’t high. Give him a strong run game and a good D, and he will win some games but I don’t see him improving much more unless his arm greatly improves.

With Sims, he’s unpredictable in his decisions but he’s got the speed and the arm. We need to score close to 40 pts to win this year, so since we are bad, I’d go with him and hope things click in the future.

I wouldn’t hope for an underclassmen like peery or pryon until their 3rd year.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Is it me or does Sims look a little indecisive, uncomfortable, and unconfident? Maybe a lack of confidence in the OL or maybe the play calling/check downs are too complicated? There’s no doubt that he’s very gifted athletically but there’s something amiss.